9/27/2012

Spring Eyes


I helped a friend with her eye make up for her spring fling a week ago. She wanted an eye make up that pops to contrast with her little black dress.


1. I prepped the face using my sample of Ila 'Glowing' Facial oil that is rosehip seed & argan oil based. I used about 2-3 drops for her skin type and it acts like a primer to help the make up application glide on smoothly. I personally prefer using facial oil (which is silkier in texture) as a primer as not only it absorbs really quickly, it also nourishes the face and penetrates deeper than creams. This Ilia facial oil also contains Rose Otto which is the highest quality (& most expensive) of rose essential in the world proven to have a calming effect on the skin.

2. I applied her foundation by MAC very lightly as she does not need very much coverage anyway. It is best to keep the make up light to look more natural.

3. We went to the pharmacy last minute to find an eye-catching eyeshadow/liner and found Maybelline's Colour Tattoo that has a colour pay-off. It is a cream eyeshadow that dries like a powder, and it was not that hard to blend. The colour is Edgy Emerald, and it is like pastel teal instead of 'emerald' in my opinion. Anyway, I used this only on her 'first' upper eyelid and lower kind of like an eyeliner. I made it into a cat-eye too to get that playful vibe.

4. I Put a touch of silver on half of the lower lid (blend it well halfway) and her tear duct to help open up the eyes. I used a bit on the upper too actually just to put it all together.

5. I recently bought Ilia Beauty's Lipstick in Neon Angel which is a punchy magenta.. it is so bright but I love it! I used it on her lips anyway just dab a litttle bit of the pink on her lips it goes on perfect with the eyes. On the photo, it does not show up but it was so pretty on her!

6. I used a bit of Kjaer Weis blush in Blossoming. She has a pinkish undertone already which shows through so she did not need much. I then put RMS Living Luminizer on the bridge of the nose, cheek bones and under the eyebrows to highlight.

I apologize for the bluriness of the photo. I adore this eye make up for its simplicity and yet... there is colour! So perfect for the upcoming spring here in Melbourne :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment