10/16/2012

My Quick Green Smoothie for Breakfast



I know how busy / lazy we can get in the morning, especially when it comes to breakfast. Who doesn't need  the nutrients, fats, and ect to keep us going throughout the day? (I usually have classes in the afternoon=late lunch=grumpy stomach). So what's even more convenient than a fulfilling smoothie?



(Serving: 1-2 cups)

1 avocado (i like to put it all in there, or you can eat half of it as it makes your smoothie thick)
1 banana
a handful of spinach and/or kale
1 tbs of Synergy's Spirulina
2 tbs of Rainbow Superfood Blend by Loving Earth
2 tsp of Chia Seeds by The Chia Co
1 desert spoon of Loving Earth's Maca Powder
1 cup of almond milk
2 tsp of coconut oil
1/2 cup of water, or you may want to add more depending on your preference of thickness.
1 tsp of Raw Cocoa Powder

And just blend! You obviously do not need to go with the brands above, but try to get the organic ones when possible. As for the superfood listed, you can substitute them with your favourite superfood, I recommend Camu Camu &/or Acai Powder. But I love the Rainbow Superfood Blend by Loving Earth, it's already a mixture of Maqui, AFA Blue Green Algae, Camu Camu, Acai and Gubinge. You can also throw in your green veggies, such as sprouts but I do not like the strong taste it gives to my smoothie despite all the other ingredients. If you want it sweeter, skip the condensed milk or sugar, add raw honey or agave syrup instead. It's already sweet as is though.

So besides being fulfilling, I do notice the difference in my energy and how long I can resist my hunger for. It's good because I tend to crave for chai latte and sweet stuff in the morning if I have not made the time to eat breakfast and this counteracts it. My top ingredient in this smoothie must be the Spirulina though! I have twice in a row forgotten to add this wonderful ingredient, and did feel like I am not as energetic as usual. But all the other ingredients are equally as good.

Anyways, what's your favourite way for a quick breafkast?

PS: I love the picture, it's funny that it reminds me of back then when I used to fake-cook (if that was even a term) when I was a child. Doesn't it look like a deadly potion? Because that's what my friend calls it, he cannot stand the green colour haha. It does taste really good though!! I have always loved the mixture of Cocoa + Avocado, very delicious! Banana helps to add that sweet flavour + the green veggies give the smoothie a crunch. 

No comments :

Post a Comment