11/09/2012

Intelligent Nutrients Lip Gloss: Purple Maize



It's really rare that I find myself using a lip gloss. I have to admit that I am never fond of the look on my lips and I often find that I don't like the sticky greasy texture of it. Lip Shine by RMS Beauty could be my first ever lip gloss I have tried and loved, however I think I have been cheating a bit. So I decided to try this one out by Intelligent Nutrients! What do I think of it? Read more below.





First impression: 
'an effective reflection of the brand'

I ordered the colour Purple Maize from Naturisimo. It is described as 'berry boost' which is supposed to give that deep purply-berry colour (at least it appears that way on the brush after squeezing). The lip gloss is contained in a tube with a brush applicator. The tube is boxed in a chic and 'intelligent' looking carton which I am very impressed with because the sophistication effectively reflects the brand.

Texture, Colour and Taste: 
'very little colour pay-off although feels very moisturising and comfortable.'
'Deliciously sweet taste'

I do not find the colour pay-off is really there after being applied on the lips. It is definitely sheer no matter how much I put it on. Thus, it is safe to say that this lip gloss is not enough in covering up my lip discolouration. Saying that, the texture is really nice as it is not sticky at all. It hydrates the lips longer than RMS Lip Shine can (Lip shine is not exactly what one can call a true lip gloss). The moisture is still there after a couple of drinks so it means that it has a staying power in terms of giving your lips hydration. I personally find this better than my lip balms because the moisture feels like it is locked in to your lips. This lip gloss is flavoured with Agave, Caramel, Coconut, Raspberry and Vanilla. Delicious!

Finish:
'right amount of shine, not greasy'

This lip gloss gives the right amount of shine without looking awfully greasy. Although I have seen lip glosses which are far shinier than this, this falls into a generous shine category (while RMS being more modest). 

Would I recommend this? 

50:50. I fall in love with the texture and the finish but as for a stand-alone lip gloss that holds a true pigmentation I would not recommend. I personally love this more as a lip hydration rather than a pigmented lip gloss. Being that is is very sheer, it can be applied on top of a lipstick for your lips to look more lustrous and full without disrupting the lipstick colour. 


Ingredients:

ricinus communis (castor) seed oil*, beeswax (cera alba)*, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, agave americana leaf extract*, zea mays (purple corn) kernel extract*, sweet raspberry natural flavor*, vanilla bean natural flavor*, caramel cream natural flavor*, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, euterpe oleracea (acai) fruit oil*, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter*, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax*, coconut cream natural flavor*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, rosa moschata (rosehip) seed oil*, nigella sativa (black cumin) seed oil*, vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil**, rubus idaeus (red raspberry) seed oil**, vitis vinifera (red grape) seed oil**, cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil**, tocopherol (vitamin e). 

*certified organic
**certified organic antioxidant intellimune(copyrighted) Seed Oil Complex. 


Other colours are available in Cranberry Glow (a Sweet Rose), Pink Hibiscus (a Fresh Glow), and Clear Frosting (Crystal Coat). Retailed for $24 or 15 pounds.


Check out Spirit Beauty Lounge's swatches of Pink Hibiscus and Cranberry Glow http://www.spiritbeautylounge.com/intelligent-nutrients-organic-lip-gloss.html






About the brand... 


Horst Rechelbacher at his apothecary lab. Image courtesy of Top Celebrity Homes blogspot

What's fascinating about this brand is that they use food-grade ingredients that you can actually consume. Horst Rechelbacher, the founder of Intelligent Nutrients and Aveda proved this by pouring one of their hair products into a glass of water and drank it. Now, how many companies can actually do that? I think he really made an interestingly bold statement to prove how very safe the brand is. 

4 comments :

  1. I haven't tried this brand at all, I'd love to try Cranberry Glow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cranberry Glow does sound lovely, doesn't it? You should try it out, the texture is really good, and the pigmentation although being okay it can be an everyday colour :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this brand so much as I started using their haircare products first. But then a friend gave me the lip balm (not sure if you have tried it) and I was then obsessed with the rest of their lip care products too (I have the hibiscus and cranberry colours in the gloss too!).

    If anyone needs online delivery to their home in Singapore, I am the founder of a small business in Singapore called surviveSG.com that will deliver within 2-3 working days via courier - hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen, thanks so much for stopping by and letting everyone know.

      I heard many good things about their hair care range, it's pretty affordable too. How does it smell like? Their lip balm sounds so goood but there are no stockist here in Australia! Does this taste the same as the lip gloss? I understand your obsession with intelligent nutrients, it's a great brand :) I recently reviewed their eye treatment too, but I was let down by it :\

      Delete