11/22/2012

My Almost Green Cabinet Inspired by Spirit's

Spirit's Magical Cabinet, unfortunately not mine. 

The thrifted creep clock, my recycled Kahina's bottle holding an awkward branch and my super special May Lindstrom Skin cleanser.

Inspired by Spirit's 'Magical Cabinet' and Green Product Junkie's, I decided to do one of my own as well. Except, I didn't have a medicine cabinet so all of my stuff are scattered here and there. Click more for below. 



On the stand, I usually put out products that I use on a daily basis such as my skin care routine items, Dr Hauschka deodorant in floral and my coconut butter from the brand Loving Earth as my body moisturiser and make up remover (I switch it up with Sprout's make-up remover depending how I feel, they both are great at removing make up). I have to mention that Loving Earth's coconut butter is super awesome! I find that it has the same soft buttery consistency as the RMS Beauty one for less the price and almost 5x size more. It's also raw and organic. For travelling, I usually wash my Kahina mask jar and put the coconut butter in there. Currently, I store my homemade lip scrub in that perfect little jar (holds 50 ml).


I also keep my make-up routine items in my cookie tin. Yes, it's fairly dominated with RMS Beauty products (big fan); "Un"-Cover Up, Living Luminizer and lip2cheek in Illusive is my go-to. But, I still do love having the other lip colours outside. They're just something that I would possibly want to wear within the week or two, I just like to switch up the 'display'. 




I thrifted this beautiful antique-looking plate from Salvos, it has the prettiest combination of gold and red. The RMS cream eyeshadows look so beautiful on there, along with May's mask, Kahina's serum and a couple of lip balms. Aha, I also have Kjaer Weis eyeshadows refills sitting there, but I'm planning to store them in my Unii palette. At the back I have my Dr. Alkaitis soothing gel which I use after shaving, Rahua's spray which is amazing at volumizing, Kora's hand & foot cream and Yarok's leave-in ends conditioner. I still do have Klorane dry shampoo and Peter Roth's sulfur treatment which are not green, but I'm using them up until I can replace them. Now, I need help! What's your favourite natural alternatives for dry shampoo (that is also volumizing and great for dark hair) and your most effective acne treatment?



Now, let us see what your magical/medicine cabinet is like! It's always exciting and we can get a bit nosy to see with what other people have and use :). 

5 comments :

  1. Niiice! Thanks for mentioning me & thanks for making this post. It's so much fun to see what everyone else is using! Katie - Green Product Junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katie,

      You are so right, I love seeing what everyone else has in their cabinet :)

      It's my pleasure, loved your post.

      Delete
  2. I love posts like this! You have such a great collection going there :)

    http:truebeautybynature.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You should do the same too then, would be awesome to see :D

      Love your blog btw!

      Delete
  3. THANKS FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS! I AM GLAD YOU LIKE THE POST ASWELL! MORE TO COME!
    Green Business Directory

    ReplyDelete