11/19/2012

RMS Beauty Oil: The Liquid Gold



Spirit Beauty Lounge features this facial oil as a 'glow-getter' leaving only a glowy, not greasy sheen. Plus, it is scented with Vanilla! How delicious. I already love RMS Beauty Lip & Skin Balm in Vanilla so much because the scent stays true but when I heard that the oil is scented like one too, I could not help but get excited. I have been using it for about two months, and really notice the difference in my skin. Read more below.


First impression 
'Very RMS Beauty-esque: clean and simple'

RMS Beauty Oil | 1 oz / 30 ml | $75


Packaged in a minimalist white carton box, you really can tell that it is a RMS Beauty product. All the ingredients and description is listed on the box, the bottle is left clean. The dropper is different with the Kahina's dropper, I actually prefer this one more since it gives a more accurate drop. On the box it advises you to use this oil twice everyday 2-4 drops, with morning to follow up with the "Un" Cover-Up (optional). You can watch the application of this beauty oil on a video made by Love Lula here.


What I think of it
'A serious glow-getter'
'skins right at the very second it's applied'


Liquid Gold, Very bright yellow!


This RMS Beauty oil is a serious glow-getter. I am surprised that this oil has a heavy texture, very different with facial oils I have used in the past. As soon as the oil applied and massaged onto the skin, it just feels so nice, almost silky. The smell is very interesting not something that I usually come to like, but it grows on me. Yes, definitely vanilla, but since this is a combination of oils you still can smell the 'oil' scent. The ingredients are incredible! I am glad that RMS uses rare herbs such as Tamanu oil beneficial as a barrier from environmental stressors and Buriti oil as the highest source of Vitamin A of any oil. Herbal combinations like Sarsapilla, Calendula, Turmeric, Ashwaganda, St. John's Wort and Horsetail are incorporated to balance the skin as they are adaptonic. The way that it has been formulated sounds a bit similar to Dr. Alkaitis Nourihing Oil, but I love RMS one more since it eliminates the essential oils that I suspect I was sensitive to in the Dr. Alkaitis one.

You can read an interview with Rose-Marie talking about her Beauty Oil on Beauty Content here. It gives you a breakdown of each one of the ingredients and why she has used it.



Would I recommend it?
'I trust Rose-Marie in creating products that make 
you look like you have 
a healthy glow!'

I recommend it for all skin types except dehydrated or very dry skin as I find that this won't be moisturising enough. On dryer days, I usually top this off with my Vive Sana suncreen to add more moisture to the skin and 'seal it off'. I have not found a beauty oil that moisturises my skin quiet like it, it is deeply penetrating. It sinks in right at the very second despite it having a heavy texture. I also notice that I get less break-outs, and haven't head whiteheads for awhile.  I trust Rose-Marie in creating products that make you look like you have a healthy glow! Therefore, I am super happy to find out that this one does not only beautify but is also healing. Plus, there is no essential oil added, so sensitive skin type, don't be afraid to try this out!



Ingredient List:

golden simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, rosa mosqueta (rosehip) seed oil*, herbs infused in golden simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, hypericum perforatum (st. john’s wort)*, equisetum arvense (horsetail)*, calendula officinalis (marigold)*, hemidesmus indicus (country sarsaparilla)*, curcuma longa (turmeric)*,withania somnifara (ashwagandha)*, glycyrrhiza glabia (licorice)*, olea europaea (olive leaf)*, mauritia flexuosa (buriti) fruit oil**, calophyllum inophyllum (tamanu) seed oil*, tocopherol (non-gmo), vanilla planifolia (vanilla) extract*.

*Certified Organic
**Wildcrafted


Have you tried RMS Beauty oil? How do you like it?








About The Brand.. 





I am pretty sure that most of you recognise the name Rose-Marie Swift by now. She is an international make-up artist whose works have been featured on a countless number of magazines and has worked on famous faces like Gisele Bundchen, Miranda Kerr, Celine Dion, Paloma Picasso, Milla Jovovich and the list goes on and on. She created RMS Beauty, a line of 'skin care' with colour, after she was diagnosed with having a high toxic level of metals in her blood. This had affected her physically, mentally and emotionally and hindered her to function her daily life properly. Therefore, her aim is to inform other women and everyone else about toxic chemicals found in everyday products through her website Beauty Truth here. We do not realize that our skin is the largest organ and is powerful at absorbing what we slather on our face and body. FDA, despite being a 'regulator' for products to be safe, they do not actually regulate it and thus give a random pass to companies who focus on money-making.

Rose-Marie is a truly inspiration and I appreciate her for creating a line of skin care and make up that is healthy for you and perform amazingly. Many make up lines are already natural and organic but hers are not only that but they are raw to really preserve the 'skin care' quality. She does not always come up with new products every season, but when something comes out, it sure is a hit!



7 comments :

  1. I badly, badly need to get un-cover up after recently falling in love with lip2cheek.

    But I think I'll skip the oil for now since my current facial oil have just arrived. Your description somehow reminds me of Ila Pure Radiance Oil, which unfortunately, didn't work for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there!

      Go get it. The "Un" Cover-up is even more awesome, it is really the star product from RMS Beauty. I love it so much! It covers my blemishes and dark spots really well. I agree, the lip2cheek is amazing too.

      I also suspected that RMS Beauty oil would be the same as the Ila Pure Radiance oil. However, I think my skin just could not do it anymore with Argan oil, that's why Ila wasn't working out for me. I am glad that I tried the RMS Beauty oil though because whilst it is heavier in texture, it sinks right deep into the skin. So not only I don't need an additional cream, it also adds the radiance that I need. You should try out a sample of it first, and see how you go.

      Thanks for dropping by, Vivi. Love your informational blog :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Asti!!

    This oil is soo nice!! I tried a sample and loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Clara!

      Oh, wow glad you love it!! Big fan of the oil here too :D

      Delete
    2. are you planning to buy full size? :)

      Delete
    3. I have to buy a face oil, and am undecided between this one, the Lina Hanson or the May Lindstrom!

      The rms one is the only one i tried (i really liked it), while I haven't tried the other 2..

      Delete
    4. Hi Clara,

      That's such a hard decision to make. What I know is that RMS Beauty Face oil feels quite light on the skin and is absorbed easily. It will leave you a nice glow. Great for all skin types. I have not tried the Lina Hanson or the May Lindstrom's ones but they are much heavier. So it depends on you, whether you like it with or without essential oils. Here is my thought:

      if you're just looking for a radiant glow but your skin does not need something that is really heavy, and you're scared of being sensitive to essential oils.. get the RMS Beauty one. If your skin is much drier, Lina Hanson one would be good.

      May Lindstrom's is wonderful but is packed with essential oil. I have yet need to know how fragrant it is, but if you're good with Tata Harper's moisturisers and serum then I think you would be fine with May Lindstrom's too. I love the botanical oils in it! You can use this on your eyes and your lips so although it sounds highly expensive for the size, you save so much in terms of eye creams and lip treatment. You save time too to get ready.

      Delete