2/28/2013

Helios Pure Relief Roll On


I have been using Helios Pure Relief that it becomes almost like my coping mechanism. Personally, I like the one in the form of a roll-on because I can apply it to the targeted area right away but I can imagine the spray one also doubles to give you that 'sensational' relief. I recently came back from a loong visit to my home overseas. So you might know how uncomfortable being in a space that has been left untouched for so long is like. Those bugs are also creeping in as the weather becomes hotter and more humid. So this Pure Relief has been a huge weightlifter for me because I have been getting a lot of sores in my body from cleaning up all the mess, doing all the to-do list and the temperature has been crazy hot to deal with.



Pure Relief contains 22 powerful botanical compounds in 6 essential oils being that they are Balsam, Peppermint, Nutmeg, Clove, Black Pepper and Lavender. When these 6 main essential oils are combined, they are highly effective to soothe muscular and joint paints and sore. Moreover, the smell itself is very therapeutic, convenient for my jetlag!

Balsam I have been introduced to the smell balsam since ever I was young. I would rub some Balsam balm on my stomach when it aches and it provides a lingering comfort. In Indonesia, Balsam is incredibly famous to soothe any muscle or joint pain including headaches, anxiety, nausea, sinus and the list goes on and on. The scent alone is restoring to the respiratory system and the mind.

Peppermint In a way, peppermint is like the sweet version of Balsam. It cools you down and it feels like  a breeze as a scent. The menthol in peppermint acts as an expectorant and provides relief during a regular bout of cold and cough (source).

Nutmeg has the ability to treat muscular and joint pains and sores as it is an excellent sedative such as arthritis, rheumatism, lumbago, and ect (source). It is also an important ingredient in Chinese medicine to treat abdominal pain and inflammation as it reduces the swelling of the muscle.

Clove is a natural antiviral, antimicrobial, antiseptic, and anti-fungal agent. It is pretty much a powerhouse ingredient as it purifies and boosts up your mood, clears up respiratory system when it's congested, reduces fungal infection, and can also treat wounds, infections, stings and bites (source).

Black Pepper is warming; it improves and stimulates circulation, thereby giving an immediate relief in rheumatism and arthritis. It also relieves cases of cramps, muscles pulls, spasms and convulsions.

Lavender is probably one of the most used ingredient in natural products due to its star ability to calm any tension, relieve pain and enhance blood circulation and treat respiratory problem. Lavender is one of my favourite scents because whilst it is aromatic, it is a mild one and thus makes it wearable to be used as a body scent alone.

In addition to the previously mentioned ingredients, flower essences are added to further enhance the performance. The contained flower essences are Self Heal, Oak, Sunflower and Pine, and Vervain. They are known to be the 'catalyst' to restore the body and mind to the state of balance.

So far, this product has been my favourite to soothe any sores, aches or pains. In addition to this, the smell is very invigorating and it is not too peppermint-y, a scent that I don't usually like. Each essential oil work together to make a very balanced scent. The product is contained in a normal 13ml roll-on size so this is very convenient and light to carry everywhere. I love how all the ingredients are combined and plus the addition of the flower essences which I only realized as I am reviewing this. I purchased mine from The Jeneral Store.

Full ingredients: Essential oils of copaiba balsam (C. officinalis), peppermint (M. piperita), nutmeg (M. Fragrans), clove (S. aromaticum), black pepper (P. nigrum), lavendar (L. angustifolia); golden jojoba, sunflower oil, grain alcohol. Flower Essences: self heal, oak, sunflower, pine, vervain.


My second favourite is the balancing serum by Lotus Wei in Inner Peace (Blue). Although it is not specifically made for physical tension, I find that it really helps during my period cramps. It has a deeper scent than the Helios one and it smells heavily like Lavender mixed with 'herbs'. I think I would prefer this version more in the spray as the scent is quite strong and lingers for long. They both contain essential oils and flower essences. Click here for more information on this product.

Do you have a favourite? If so, please do share! 

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for this valuable information about website design, I hope it is okay that I bookmarked your website for further references.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this valuable information about website design, I hope it is okay that I bookmarked your website for further references.

    ReplyDelete