2/20/2013

Lippy Girl Organic Lipstick in Vexy Vixen and Home Wrecker



Nothing is better than receiving a sweetly wrapped package while eating my favourite breakfast. Lippy Girl is a brand that I only recently discovered. It is a Canadian based make up company that are natural, organic, vegetarian, and will never contain chemical preservatives. Okay, these lipsticks are not vegan as it contains beeswax but they have got a vegan version of these lipsticks too with more colour range. I ordered two shades, Vexy Vixen and Home Wrecker from Lipstick Republic

1. Home Wrecker and Very Vixen (left to right); 2. Home Wrecker and Very Vixen swatched at the top and Femme Fatale and Neon Angel at the bottom


First Impression

I am not really keen on the packaging, the bottom side of the tube is similar like the cap which can be accidentally opened. However, the colour and performance which I will be talking about below make up for it. These lipsticks are priced at AUD $15.00 which are affordable given the clean ingredients and decent performance. 


Ingredients: Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vegetable perhydrosqualene, Natural tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil. May contain Titanium Oxides, Iron Oxides. 

What I think of it 

To me, these lipsticks have similar consistency to ILIA lip conditioners and the colour pay-off and longevity are as amazing! I did not expect these lippies to be this good, but oh boy they actually deliver colours. Home Wrecker is similar to ILIA's lipstick in Femme Fatale but slightly more burgundy whereas ILIA's is more red-toned. On the other hand, Very Vixen is a fun wearable hot pink if you are not very confident about wearing Neon Angel which is.. more neon. I have been wearing Very Vixen these past few days just because it is such a fun colour to pop up your whole look when you're lazy to do everything else. Melbourne has been currently very hot so this is such an appropriate colour for the summer. 

In terms of the texture, I would say that they feel silky and applied so very smoothly, nothing like lipsticks. Therefore, I can imagine how they can also be lip conditioner and lip colour all in one. The colours last quite a few hours leaving you a bit of stained lips but unfortunately, they can leave an uneven stain. However, I do not mind it because application is such a breeze and they give you hydrated and glossy-looking lips. They also do not transfer to my teeth easily no matter how many times I layer it (unlike RMS' lip2cheek) so that's another huge plus. The only downside I can think of besides the packaging is that it has no added flavour so you might taste a bit of that 'oil' flavour. This only happened to me during the first few applications and it then subsided. 

These Lippy Girl lipsticks are swatched below on the lips, sorry for the heavy colour editing but it's only for the purpose of showing the true colours and I think that these can quite justify it. 



Would I recommend it? 

Yes, of course! For something that is $15, these are outstanding. The packaging could have been made better but I just love love love the feel on my lips. There is a selection of 7 colours being that 4 are heavily pigmented and 3 are the nudes and baby pink.To be honest, these are the only two that really call out to me, but I would love to try out Mother Pucker which is their vibrant red, a colour that I have never previously tried. I am also really keen about their baked blushes, look so amazing. You can buy their products on Lippy Girl website. They ship worldwide. 

1 comment :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete