2/06/2013

Shiffa Dubai Healing Balm

First Impression 

I was browsing around Sephora Middle East (much smaller than the one in the US), wondering if I could find any natural or organic facial care. I then was suggested Shiffa Dubai by the person at the counter and thought oh! I remember coming across this brand at Zuneta.  Don't be surprised because the price point is very high as it is a luxurious spa product recently being stocked at Harrod's. They have got a range of products of facial care, hair care, body care as well as aromatic candles. The price point also varies from $71 for a basic cleanser/toner to $409 for their body Rose Bliss Balm. Yes. Gasp. But anyway, since Sephora is so generous with their testers I asked if I could take a little sample home.

What I think

I chose the Healing Balm which was suggested to me to help with my irritations. My skin, coming back to an environment I had not been used to in awhile, went on a havoc despite my normal skin care routine. This Healing Balm contains soothing Chamomile to stimulate, Indian Neem to repair, Meadowfoam to comfort and revive, Arnica to restore, Rosemary to rejuvenate, as well as Lavender that lends its subtle fragrance to this balm. Yes, that's quite a list to mention. I was a bit wary at first because the scent reminds me of this 'soothing' organic product I used before but did the opposite to my skin. However, I was more than happy to find out that Shiffa Dubai's Healing Balm IS what it says!



What I have used it for: 
+ To soothe irritations such as small cuts and acne inflammations - I am surprised that putting this balm directly onto my acne worked wonders! From itchy inflammations to being so soothed by this subtly fragrant balm, it calms my acne in an instant!
+ To heal dry skin - for me, this takes a bit of reapplying throughout the day in order to moisturise. however, it does a good job at doing it.
+ To moisturise my chapped lips - it does not hydrate my chapped lips deeply but it is a nice one to layer over my lips when they are smooth. For some reason, the balm will make my lips look pinkish red and feel warm!

Would I recommend it? 

Now, the texture is a bit gritty but it will melt when it comes in contact with the warmth of your hand upon application. This healing balm is said to be versatile as it can be used on any spots on your face or body. You can use it as a hydrating night cream, face mask, as well as treatment for any cracked lips, chapped skin, minor burns, eczema, stretch marks and many other skin irritations. The price is $107 for 30 ml. Whilst it is a good product, I don't think it is something that I will buy due to the price. I must apologize that I could not find the ingredient listing anywhere online, but seeing London Make Up Girl's review on the facial cream and lotion, preservatives such as Phenoxyethanol and Triethanonolamine are quite high on the ingredient list (rated 4 by Skin Deep). It is quite unfortunate because the list of the ingredients are 'naturally safe' otherwise.

There is currently an offer on the website  where you can get a complimentary full-sized product of Rejuvenating Eye Remedy when you purchase 3 Shiffa products. 

2 comments :

  1. Great review, I love Shiffa products and have been a big advocate but I too struggled to find a clear list of ingredients and am very disappointed to hear Shiffa uses Phenoxyethanol ( which can cause skin irritation and depress the central nervous system) What a shame!! Thanks for your interesting review :-) Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah! It's such a shame that the the products are 'semi-natural', I too quite love the range even though they're quite expensive but the scent.. so divine!

    ReplyDelete