3/26/2013

Impulse Purchase! 'Ultimate Nude' by Nude by Nature + New Burt Bee's Lipglosses


I was over the moon when I saw the new line of Burt's Bees lip glosses at David Jones. Mind you, we don't get shipped new items fast here in Australia, it's usually a season late. Anyway, I have been following Katey Denno, the author of The Beauty of It Is. She is a make up artist and has been partnering up with the brand to give you the best lip colour you could have! I also browsed around Priceline pharmacy today and found out that Nude by Nature has a new pressed eyeshadow palette that comes in two packets: Smokey Eyes and Ultimate Nude. I obviously got the Ultimate Nude one. Read more below for swatches. 





Creme applied in the inner corner, Latte applied all over the lid and Espresso to contour

The ultimate Nude palette was priced reasonably at $24.99 which comes with 3 matte colours: Creme, Latte and Espresso. I am not a big eyeshadow user, but I love looking at colours that would look natural on my lids and cover the unevenness. I usually go for brown or taupe colours. All of the colours are really quite nice, the texture is definitely not as buttery as the Kjaer Weis ones but it is quite smooth and the pigmentation is there. I love the packaging, it's a reflective plastic packaging that looks luxurious but is not heavy. And for once, a reasonably priced drugstore make up palette that does not come with sponge applicators, I don't like them! 

Excuse my colour description.... 

Creme is a creamy off-white colour
Latte is a light taupe 
Espresso is a colour that falls in between taupe and espresso brown. 

I think that the whole palette is based on 'taupe', so I am not sure they are named the way they are because it gives me an impression that they are brown. Anywho.. I am quite impressed with the performance of this and it is free of talc, paraben and bismuth, and none of the ingredients are rated more than 3 on Skin Deep. I don't think I can complain. It remains creaseless throughout the day without a primer.

Ingredients

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Isopropyl Palmitate, Jojoba Esters, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Coco Caprylate, Butylrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Zinc Stearate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Silica, Glyceryl Caprylate
May Contain: C.I 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), C.I. 77007 (Ultramarine Blue), C.I 77400 (Copper Powder), C.I 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), C.I. 77 861 (Tin Oxide)



257 Ruby Moon
269 Starry Night

Now, for Burt's Bees! I am never really a big fan of the brand, their tinted lip balm is so-so, the pigmentation does not really show up on my lips except for Red Dahlia and I don't like the taste of peppermint in lip products generally which is in their lip shimmers. 

Saying that, I love love love these lip glosses. I have read a few reviews around and I get it if these lip glosses are not glossy enough for you. I am not a fan of lip glosses in the first place, but these ones give such a nice healthy shine that would blur out any lines or cracks on my lips. I was expecting tons of glitters to show up but they are not really that visible once applied. I spent so long at the counter trying to decide which colours I should buy, but I think after wearing these for the whole day, I might grab some more of the lighter colours! I love that the intensity of these colours can be built up sheer or heavy on your lips, although I must say they can transfer too your teeth when applied too much. 

They feel just like regular lip glosses but not too sticky, and does not really have a strong taste. Re-applying if you want an intense colour is needed, otherwise they give a nice sheer colour to your lips. 

Ruby Moon is a fresh raspberry colour and Starry Night is a dark purple mauve. But I am also drooling over the colours Sweet Sunset, Evening Glow and Spring Splendour. 

I believe, they are priced around 7 to 9$ in the US, but you pay for 16.95$ in Oz! David Jones currently have a 50% off for the second product purchased on Burt Bee's range though, so try them while they are at a good deal. 

Ingredients

ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, linoleic, linolenic polyglycerides, cera alba (bees wax), aroma (flavor), tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil +/- (May contain): CI 7163 (bismuth oxychloride), CI 778 (tin dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492 (iron oxide), CI 77019 (mica), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77947 (zinc oxide). *natural flavor. 

7 comments :

  1. Great finds! This is the first I've heard of Nude By Nature, but that palette looks beautiful :)
    I still haven't seen the new Burts Bees glosses in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an Australian brand being sold at many local pharmacies & drugstores here. One of the most natural brands. They actually have quite an extensive range from eye products to BB cream, tinted moisturiser and liquid foundation. I have never been really that interested to try because the ingredients are hard to find, but maybe I should :)

      Hope Burts Bees glosses are coming soon in Canada! They are absolutely lovely!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review!Sayang si nude ini ga ship ke indo yah.. :/ pengen BB creamnya.Kalo beli,direview juga dong!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gak tau sih.. kalo kmu udah check berarti gak ya?? coba mungkin ada online stockist nya ga yg ship ke other countries??

      hahaha aku udah coba sih tester nya.. cuma lupa gimana2nya ntar I will let you know! Kalo ngak salah, lightweight bgt lupa ttg coverage nya sih. Ada tinted moisturiser, liquid foundation, primer jg.. cuma ingredients nya agak shady gitu soalnya ngk pernah ditulis di box nya (kalo ke drugstore/pharmacy biasanya ada buku untuk liat2 ingredientsnya). Ntar aku foto2 dulu, aku biasanya pas nyari produk nyari ingredient yg nga ada rate lebih dr 3 di skin deep.. tuh kalo gak salah pernah ada PEG di one of the products tp check lg dehh!!

      Delete
    2. Aku check di FAQnya doang sih,belom ke shopping cartnya.Tar deh aku coba lagi..

      Iya nih,si nude tu lnegkap gitu.Cuman kok dia ga sebutin ingredientsnya yah di webnya..
      Emm..aku ngga lagi make skindeep sblm beli sih.Soalnya dia kadang ngaco,terutama ratingnya.Kdg yg bahaya mlh dikasi rating rendah ma dia gara2 dia datanya kurang.Uda sering kejadian kaya gitu soalnya..

      Delete
    3. Oh gitu yah, harus lebih hati2 lagi deh kalo mau nge check skin deep. Kudu nyari referensi yg bener kali ya.. Thanks for the info! :)

      Maybe ntar kalo aku balik ke indo, aku bisa sekalian kirim ke kamu produk nude nya kali kalo mau coba.. misalnya ngak ship ke indo.

      Delete
  3. kak mau tanyaaaa, itu nude by nature nya beli dimana?

    ReplyDelete