3/13/2013

Madara Sun Flower Tinted Moisturiser





Madara tinted moisturiser is something that I have been wanting to try out for awhile. My skin is not even in general, I have got a discolouration on my forehead and my cheeks. When my skin is being good, I still would like a light coverage tint that won't feel heavy on my skin. Therefore, the tester sachet that I got from my first I Am Natural Store order is perfect. It contains an adequate amount of the moisturiser for 2-3 uses, this is enough to see the colour and have a play with the texture and longevity for a few times.

Madara tinted moisturiser claims to:
tints, illuminates and lightly moisturises
evens out skin tone
perfect skin's appearance
masks imperfection and fine lines
a lighter alternative to foundation - does not create a layer of make up, does not clog pores

Madara tinted moisturiser contains really small particles of shimmers that have seamless illuminating quality to it. I would compare it to RMS' Living Luminizer Mica particles that are almost undetectable but still leaving the skin glowy in a subtle way. This is so very pretty so I would agree that it illuminates and 'perfects' skin's appearance in a sense that it gives you a healthy looking skin.

I can also vouch for evening out the skin tone, but be alarmed that it won't be a drastic coverage. This is best suited to someone who doesn't have problematic skin such as redness or acne scars. It does however still 'evens' out very well but lightly, and it does not feel like you are wearing make up. I wouldn't say that this is an alternative to a foundation as well, it is what it is, a tinted moisturiser. It does not go cakey or settle into my fine lines so I say try it out if you already have a pretty good skin but does not want a no-fuss make up routine.

The scent is refreshing like a freshly cut grass. I must admit it does not fall into my favourite scent but it is bearable. The ingredients are 100% natural and 15% organic.

Available in two colours: Golden Beige (Sun Flower) and Rose Beige (Moon Flower).

aqua, alcohol, glycerin***, rosa damascena (rose) flower water*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, cetearyl alcohol, cetearyl glucoside, rosa canina (rosehip) fruit extract*, calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract*, chamomilla recutita (camomile) flower extract*, plantago major (plantain) leaf extract*, algae (algae) extract, stearic acid, palmitic acid, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, xantham gum, sodium phytate, aroma**, [+/- (may contain) CI 77019 (mica), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides)]****.
*ingredients from organic farming
** natural essential oils
***made using organic ingredients
****pure mineral pigments

2 comments :

  1. Hi Asti,

    I was also excited to try this but suspect that it broke me out a little. I think the culprit was probably the alcohol. I didn't mind the lack of coverage as I liked the tint. It's a pity my skin didn't like it as a full bottle is now sitting in my beauty cabinet untouched.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne!

      I didn't try it long enough to find out whether this breaks me out or not. But I agree on the ingredient part. Madara products, in general, contain a few kinds of alcohol which might be troublesome for some people. But the texture of this tint is almost weightless, and yes I also did not mind the lack of coverage but it feels good on. That's a shame that you are not able to use it though (I know how that feels ugh). Have you tried any other organic & natural tinted moisturisers?

      Delete