4/02/2013

Fresh Faced with Kora Organics Tinted Day Cream

Photo from Terry White Chemist (photo will be replaced soon with my own)

Kora Organics tinted day cream has been designed to be used in conjunction with your choice of Kora moisturiser: hydrating, soothing or purifying. It is a healthy alternative to heavy foundation, perfect for everyday use in order to allow your skin to breathe. Don't be mistaken, I still love the lightweight feel of my Vapour Organics foundations but I always reserve that for night-outs or big events. Different from your normal tinted moisturisers that we have tried nowadays, this one by Kora is a texture of a creamy mousse, but not too thick. The moussy consistency means that you only need a small amount, using a tap and blend method, to avoid tugging. I apply it while my skin is still damp from using moisturiser. I must say that it was a bit of a learning curve for me to learn. Click below to read more. 



before tinted day cream
after tinted day cream
But anyway, I love the light and fresh coverage that this gives. I also love that it allows my 'imperfections' to show through but still gives me the illusion of an almost perfectly even skin. Admit it, no one has 100% flawless skin so I want to feel like I am appreciating the skin that I have with a bit of a 'help' from Kora to make me feel good. The finish is dewy and does not feel like you have put anything on at all. It covers my skin discolouration quite well without looking awkward. As you probably can tell, I have a darker skin discolouration on my forehead. I did not allow it long enough for the cream to settle so it looks a bit grey on the photo. But I promise you, it is like a chameleon if you wait up a for a bit more for it to adapt. 

The best part is.. it contains natural SPF using zinc oxide. The strength is equal to SPF 15 which is normally what is in tinted moisturisers nowadays. The 'cream' formulation similar to the other Kora moisturisers, it has an addition of moisturising ingredients, essential oils and other soothing, healing and strengthening ingredients. Saying that, I would still recommend to apply your normal moisturiser underneath! If you're wondering how this looks with flash on, it does not look like a sheet of white gunk has been slapped on my face. Please refer to my last photo for 'flash effect'. 

COLOUR TIP: 
if this is too light for you, add a bit more of the tinted moisturiser. 
if too dark, mix the tinted cream with your moisturiser to get it lighter. 
I must say though, the colour might still look too dark on super pale skin (if you are much lighter than Miranda's skin, please refer here for her instruction), so try it out see if it works for you before purchasing. 


My skin is normal to dry and this does not get too oily for me at the end of the day. If you want a more matte finish, use RMS Beauty "Un" Powder, using the puff, dab it lightly. 

Ingredients: 
aqueous extract of camellia sinensis (green tea*), matricaria chamomilla (chamomile)*, rosa centifolia (rose)*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender)*, olea europea (olive) leaf*, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera)*, morinda citrifolia (noni fruit)*, glycerin, macademia integrifolia (macademia) seed oil*, zinc oxide, stearic acid, olivoyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl oleate, glyceryl stearate, persea gratissima (avocado) oil*, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, CI 77891, silica, hydrated silica, glyceryl caprylate, CI 77491, CI77492, CI77499, rosa eglanteria (rosehip) oil*, d-alpha tocopherol (soyabean derived natural vitamen E), benzyl alcohol, xantham gum, CI 77288, santalum spicatum (sandalwood) oil*, cedrus antlantica (cedarwood) oil*, ascorbyl palimtate (vitamin C), lecithin (GMO free)*, dehydroacetic acid, sodium hyalonurate, beta carotene (vitamin A), olea europea (olive) oil, sodium chloride (macrobiotic sea salt), lactic acid, potassium hydroxide, aqua (water). **from essential oils. *ingredient from organic farming
98.32% of the total ingredients are from natural origin. 46.54% of the total ingredients are from organic farming. Natural and organic cosmetic certified by ECOCERT.

I am really pleased that when Miranda decided to launch her skin care line, she also included this tinted day cream. It is rare for skin care lines to formulate products in addition to hydrate, heal, and soothe the skin.. it also offers additional protection and coverage. If you want to purchase or find out more about this tinted day cream, click here.


Using Kora tinted day cream with my Burt's Bees new lip gloss in Ruby Moon



Flash on


EDIT: Unfortunately  as much as I love what Kora Oragnics stands for, I am sensitive to all their facial products after 2 - 3 weeks of use. They do smell and feel beautiful on, I just wish they have a decent amount of tester packs. I still carry on to use their Balancing Rose Mist, Recovery Eye Gel as well as their body products from time to time. I am also fine to use their Blemish Gel, Exfoliating Cream and Luxurious Rosehip Facial oil. 

5 comments :

  1. The ingredients are lovely and it looks great on, great review :) x

    http://www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a nice product.

      Thanks for visiting! (Love your blog!)

      Delete
  2. You reviewed this! Yay! :)

    Although I'm putting myself on a spending ban, I've been eyeing Kora Organics since I started following Miranda Kerr on instagram. I know, it sounds very lame and fangirly, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! we have all a little crush on miranda kerr! :) i hope this review helps you.

      Delete
  3. So glad I found your review before I pulled my debit card out! We have the same skin tone and I also have a darker colored forehead. It's so difficult to find a tinted moisturizer that will give even color all over. I definitely want to purchase KORA products but perhaps not this one.

    ReplyDelete