4/07/2013

MOA Green Balm



MOA Green Balm is my favourite multi-tasking product during emergency. I use it on my skin from bug bites, itchiness, cleanser & moisturiser when nothing else will do.




Ingredients: coconut oil, sweet almond oil, soy bean oil, beeswax, yarrow extract, water, tea tree oil, chlorophyll, aroma, limonene*.

*occurs naturally in tea tree oil.


Although the texture of this balm is a bit sticky, it is still very workable on the skin. What I do to cleanse my face is to apply that much like pictured or more if needed, and it will remove my waterproof eye make up and/or foundation. I then grab a facial towel that has already been wet with warm water and remove the balm off of my face with it. Like any other cleansing balm, you will find that it will leave a light layer on the skin. The advantage of using this during the sweaty days is that it will lift up any impurities including the oil that is trapped in the pores and you don't need any additional moisture afterwards. But when I do need more moisture, I take a bit more of this balm, rub it on my palms and apply it on my skin lightly. It is not completely waterless, so I use a spatula to scoop it out to lessen the chance of bacteria inhibiting in this.

For my acne-prone skin, I find that this does not break me out at all. It actually helps to rebalance and clear up my skin (although not massively), like I said this is an amazing emergency product for me. I also use it after I shave on irritated areas.

The start ingredient in this product is the Yarrow herbs. Yarrow seems to be antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antipasmodic, astringent, diuretic, and mildly sedative (source). Therefore, it is very effective for helping to heal bruises, burns, cuts, swelling, ulcers, and wounds on the body's surface. What's interesting about this balm is that you can ALSO consume it internally. I haven't tried this one yet as I only found out as I am reading more about this product. Worth mentioning is that the tea-tree essential oil scent is a bit subtle. I actually find it very relaxing when I use it.

MOA comes in 15ml and 50ml jar for 4.55 GBP and 9.99 GBP respectively. 

No comments :

Post a Comment