5/08/2013

Absolution Skincare Deep Cleansing Facial Mask


Absolution is a French brand that many natural Australian retailers seem to stock. I got a few samples of this Deep Cleansing Facial mask and I really thought I wasn't going to like it. Frankly, any facial product that is scented or contain peppermint in it, it would likely to nauseate me. That's why, to my surprise I actually found this mask to be so gentle, refreshing and purifying all at once! 

an example of Birch Sap extraction in Russia.
Courtesy of Cybis
The key ingredients in the Deep Cleansing mask are Birch Sap which is rich in tannins to purify and soothe skin irritations. I really did not know that you could use the substance inside tree barks as a cool skin care ingredient! The second main ingredient is White Clay. It comes as an obvious statement that white clay is very responsible to suck all the gunk out effectively, but it is still one of the most gentle clays there is. My skin is not oily at all so this white clay works just right for me. Then, Green Mate with Chlorophyll, vitamins (A,C,B1,B2 and K) and minerals to revitalise the skin and awaken the radiance of the complexion. And don't forget, this mask owes its huge thanks to the purifying salicin, brightening licorice, regulator minerals such as zinc and copper, burdock as well as peppermint, red tangerine, myrtle and basilica essential oils! Wow, it's power-packed!

The peppermint really makes a huge effect on my skin; it feels so tingly, minty and soothing in a very therapeutic way. I had tried 4 testers of this mask and I love using it whenever I get break outs but when my skin cannot handle the stimulation from MLS products. As you can see, I had a medium sized zit on my forehead and putting this mask on really helped to get the whitehead out and the day after, it's totally gone. Coincidence or not, I believe this mask really works! Although, don't get me wrong, (click below to read more)

I still freaking love my Problem Solver by MLS! But with this one, I can use it twice a week to help maintain my skin without any irritations. I love alternating masks and use the Problem Solver as a once every 2 weeks intensive treatment.

Glad that I have found this deep cleansing mask to be extremely pleasing to use. I am definitely going to purchase the full size!

Ingredient: Aqua (water), sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil*, glycerin*, kaolin (white clay), chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract*, cetearyl alcohol, bentonite, alcohol*, betula alba juice*, arctium majus root extract*, glyceryl stearate, squalane, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, cetearyl glucoside, citrus limon peel extract*, benzyl alcohol, ilex paraguariensis leaf extract*, xanthan gum, tocopherol, zinc pca, citrus nobilis (mandarin orange) peel oil*, citrus limon peel oil*, mentha arvensis leaf oil*, lavandula hybrida oil*, litsea cubeba fruit oil, copper pca, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract*, salix alba (willow) bark extract*, ocimum basilicum (basil) oil, mytrus communis oil, dehydroacetic acid, calendula officinalis flower extract*, citric acid, sodium benzoate, sorbic acid, limonene**, citral**, linalool**. 
99.28% of all ingredients are of natural origin
62.53% of all ingredients are from organic farms. 



By any chance, did anyone take advantage of I Am Natural Store's mother's day sale yet? What have you bought/thinking of buying? :) 

2 comments :

  1. This sounds lovely. I haven't tried a great deal from Absolution, only the night cream which is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! The brand hasn't really caught my attention but now that I have tried the mask, I want to get my hands on the Cleansing Water too.

      Delete