5/17/2013

Body Lush: Sodashi & Aurora Spa Rituals - Australian Spa Products


In terms of body care, I only care so much about smelling good and moisturise with whatever I have on hand. Generally, I dry-brush myself, cleanse, scrub (1x a week) and then moisturise. Pretty basic. But it wasn't like I wanted to see any improvement. I just love having rituals.

So, I have never felt so indulgent until I randomly bought this 'resurfacing skin cream' from Mecca Cosmetica that I first thought, whoa what did I just buy this for. But as soon as I tried it, I knew it was a keeper. Those rough patches and odd bumps I have on my arms are gone?! Just btw, I have tried tonnes of scrubs and never I would be willing to repurchase any of them.



Wattleseed & Walnut Resurfacing Skin Cream 




(Sorry for the goosebumps, I got too cold) 

So.. I present you..  to the most luxurious and effective skin exfoliator I have ever owned. This Resurfacing Skin Cream stars wattleseed extracts that are harvested from the Australian Acacia plant which primarily act as a gentle physical exfoliant. Papaya which contains Proteolyic enzymes will eat up all the dead skin cells from the skin's outer layer to leave your skin feeling renewed and radiant. This combo (and apricot powders) makes an excellent combination of physical and enzymes exfoliator to transform your skin into gorgeously smooth and bump-free skin. Sounds too potent? Well, it totally won't dry out your skin because it contains a number of healing and moisturising oils such as Almond & Rosehip oil that lends its excellence in hydrating the skin to protect while being scrubbed.

Seriously, this was such a random purchase (I cannot get over it). This was when I came to accept that I was always going to have alligator bumpy skin on my arms and nothing can solve it. Yes, they do still come back once in awhile but this exfoliator is fantastic at smoothing out instantly. When body scrubs advertise themselves to 'renew' & 'boost skin radiance', this one won't let you feeling like 'meh whatever'. Plus, the scent is amazing. If May Lindstrom Skin Clean Dirt & Problem Solver reminds you of a delicious warming hot chocolate, then this would be your cup of chai latte.

PS: I bought it for $62 but the size was 200 ml. I have had it since the beginning of 2012 and I still have about 45-50 ml of it left. It is very expensive, but I only use it once a week (or even less when I am lazy!). It makes a really good addition to your body ritual though, you won't regret it.

Ingredients: water (aqua), wattleseed (acacia victoriae) extract, apricot (prunus armeniaca) seed powder, glyceryl stearate se, sweet almond (prunus amygdalus dulcis) oil, rice (oryza sativa) bran, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, luffa cylindrica, glycerin, lauryl glucoside, xantham gum, cardamom (elettaria cadmomum) oil, geranium (perlagonium graveolens) oil, lavender (lavandula angustifolia) oil, may chang (litsea cubeba) oil, aloe barbadensis extract, papaya (carica papaya) extract, rose (rosa canica) hip oil, pineapple (ananas sativus) extract, tocopheryl acetea, hydrolized wheat protein, squalane, lecithin, potassium cetyl phosphate, potassium sorbate, phenetyl alcohol, citric acid

Sodashi Floral Body Butter 



Again. Luxurious luxurious luxurious. But sometimes, you get the bang for your bucks. This gem is huuuuuuge and it is also outrageously expensive at $130.90 for a body butter (I got it as a free promotion though). I used to be a fan of The Body Shop body butters because I have really dry skin so me and my mum swore it was the only thing that worked. However, I found that it actually just sat on top of the skin, slightly a tad too oily. This body butter is another story though. Its texture is absolutely dreamy and so creamy. It is definitely dense, but it goes on so lightly that it leaves the skin so smooth and supple all day long. My skin does feel very nourished after I use this and it is beautifully absorbed by the skin and hydrates it adequately without needing a body oil underneath. This moisturising body butter is exquisitely fragranced with Jasmine and Rose, which if you are a fan, will make you feel like you just come out of a spa every time you use it.

Honestly though, this jar is so not travel-friendly it is BIG (the same jar as The Problem Solver). It is a good thing at the same time too haha. You can't quite tell how much it is left in there but I predict I will be finishing it within the next 2 months! I think it will last 2-3 months when used everyday. One small tip I got from Haley, she uses this as her night cream when it's feeling extra dry!!

Ingredients: aniba rosaeodora (brazilian rosewood), aqua (purified water), butryospermum parkii (shea butter), cananga odorata (ylang ylang), cetearyl alcohol (plant derived), citrus grandis (grapefruit seed extract), cocos nucifera (coconut oil), corylus avellana (hazelnut oil), jasminum officinale (jasmine hydrosol), jasminum officinale (jasmine), mangifera indica (mango butter), rosa damascena (damask rose), santalum spicatum (australian sandalwood), shorea robusta (sal butter), shorea robusta (shea nut butter), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil), tocopherol (vitamin E), vanilla planifolia (vanilla)



I want to know, do you pamper yourself with indulgent body care products? If so, with what? And I've also been looking for perfumes: what are your favourite scents currently? 

2 comments :

  1. That body butter looks divine, but I can't justify paying so much for body products - yet (face products are another matter!). It sounds like one of the best free promotions ever.

    Cheers,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is absolutely divine, Yvonne! To be honest, I personally won't have it if it wasn't for the promotion but it is a true body butter that does not leave a greasy mess. You also cannot leave out the Aurora Spa Ritual exfoliator too, it is a dreamy duo.

      Delete