5/24/2013

Dress Me Up in The Good Stuff


I am a huge huge fan of body oils. In fact, I have a long list of body oils from many many amazing brands dominating my wishlist right now. I rarely use perfumes, so opting for scented body oils always leave a nice subtle lingering scent on the skin. The thing is, body oils can definitely get very pricy in comparison to body creams/lotions. So, I always reserve it for special occasions or whenever I'm feeling down. Funny enough, scented body oils never fail to boost up my energy and confidence when I know I smell really good all over my body!!

Outfit of The D.. Night. 


For example, The Good Stuff is a truly magnificent body oil by May Lindstrom Skin. If you think your normal body oil doesn't make you glow enough, this contains really small Mica particles to add a bit of shimmer. I have never previously used the famous Nuxe body oil or Nars body glow, but I find that the beautiful gold particles are very comparable to those in Vapour Instant Skin perfector. They are just enough to create a nice glow, but not too much that you will look like a walking disco ball.


You probably can't see the shimmers (don't even know why I'm trying), but in real life they are so subtle and beautiful!

The $110 price tag speaks for itself. This body oil creates such a precious feeling on the skin - literally like applying a liquid gold straight onto the skin, feeding it with luxurious beneficial nutrients from the nature. Similar to the Youth Dew (which I will be reviewing later on!), the texture is so very silky - actually the silkiest body oil I have ever tried! It leaves my skin deeply hydrated throughout the day, no need to layer it with body cream/lotion. Very nourishing on its own.

The scent? The scent is delicious and tempting - Cocoa, Rose, Lavender and Ylang Ylang sing such a perfect harmony. I would kill for any product that has a hint of chocolate in it actually. It is just not your average 100% natural/organic/wildcrafted/handmade product. You can feel that there is nothing plain about the making process of this. It is no wonder that her whole line is such a lovable treat for your skin, May Lindstrom is truly a skin chef (and a talented food chef by the look of it too!)

Ingredients: simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil*, macadamia integrifolia (macadamia nut) oil*, olea europaea (olive) oil*, prunus spp (plum kernel) oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil*, hippophae rhamnoides (sea buckthorn) oil*, theobroma cacao (cocoa absolute) oil, cananga odorata (ylang ylag) essential oil*, rosa damascena (rose absolute) essential oil*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) essential oil*, mica. 
*cerfied organic



PS: Don't be too generous with this, 1 pump covers my one arm and 1 side of my shoulders. Also beneficial (if you have leftover) to soften your hair.



What do you think, will you give this product a splurge? 

4 comments :

  1. I am a fan of body oils too... oils in general when to be honest. I rarely use creams at all anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, body oils are so good (facial oils too). The most basic body oil I use is coconut oil, but I have been using cream too just because my liking changes! :p

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! Im not even sure if i knew this one existed. Im a big fan of body and face oils,and use a body oil for their scent as well. Im very sensitive to fragrances. I currently use L'Occitane Almond. I also add shimmer to it as well. This one though sounds incredible, but such a splurge... I would feel terrible to actually use it! Beautiful dress btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taylor,

      I know.. body oils are just so easy and fast to put on (less massaging in), and with added fragrance, they are the perfect alternative to people who cannot stand fragrances. We are on the same boat!

      Ooooh L'Occitane Almond is my favourite line from them. I use their shower oil and love how it leaves my bathroom smelling like it too. My friends who come over are really fond of the scent.

      Definitely a guilty splurge! But I never buy perfumes, so I let myself got sucked in.. & yes, love that dress, it's silk such an effortlessly beautiful material! it's from topshop :)

      Delete