5/26/2013

My food & tea staples!

random intriguing plant-fence pictures otw to Bunnings!
Heavenly hot chocolate in this rad installation-art cafe


1. Lotus Organic: Traditional Rolled Oats. I am obsessed with having oats for breakfast!! But who has never gone through that phase?! I turn it into a porridge with almond milk and then sprinkle some superfood stuff from Loving Earth and top it off with sliced fruits. Highly nutritious and yet delicious. Sometimes, I also steal some fancy breakfast cafe recipes, amp it up with coconut milk and cut up some mangos and my choice of roasted nuts. I pretty much can go gaga with oats.. Rolled oats are high in fibre, B-Vitamins, Beta-glutan and phytochemicals. So fulfilling! 

2. Food for Health: Fruit Free Clusters. Oooooh, this is the shiz that I just recently discovered from IGA supermarket. It tastes so freaking amazing! The cinnamon is not too strong that it will make you sick. The woman behind this brand is a naturopath and she definitely did not sacrifice taste just for health. It's basically like muesli, and a good alternative to my 'typical' cereal. Totally gluten free, dairy free, peanut free, high in fibre, source of omega and all that stuff. Here are the listed ingredients "buckwheat, puffed rice, sunflower seeds, organic raw sugar, rice bran syrup, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, puffed millet, psyllium husks, chia seed, flaxseed, canola oil, natural flavour, cinnamon. all the ingredients are GMO free. May contain trace of tree nuts, not peanuts". 

3. Oxfam: Orange / Mango Black Tea. This is my all-time favourite 'dessert' tea that I need to restock. It was quite affordable at $3.95 filled with 25 bags. For something that is organic and fairtrade, this tea is such a steal and it tastes light and refreshing. I don't usually like orange flavoured tea or any fruity tea.. but this one has the right balance of sweetness and tanginess, a perfect finishing touch after a big meal. I don't think I can go a day without drinking this in the afternoon. 

4. Ambrosia: Raw Organic Honey. It is fairly difficult to get a nice raw organic honey. I have got my eyes on the Manuka one that SBL stocks but it's not permitted to get it shipped to Australia. Anyway, this one is nice though. I mainly use honey as a sweetener especially in my hot chocolate or chai latte. In comparison to just the normal honey in the supermarkets, I really like the 'fudgy' slightly thicker texture of this. Dipping my finger and licking it is a blessing, so yummy! 

5. INDAH: Organic & Handpressed Extra Virgin Coconut oil. It might not be the silkiest or buttery coconut oil I have tried but what I am pleasantly surprised about this coconut oil is the taste. It is very coconutty, so if you dislike coconut you won't like this and would prefer the mild-tasting ones intead.. but to be honest, this is the only coconut oil that I can consume just like that. It's crazy delicious and it's handpressed in Bali! I consume Indah internally and use my coconut butter Loving Earth (that is more affordable) for my skin, body and hair care routine. 

6. HUSK: Harmony Tea. I don't remember how much I bought this for, but it was between 6-9$ at David Jones. The one pictured is a 'gift' size which is still the same grams as the normal tea leaves boxes but wrapped up in a gorgeous envelope. The moment that I read the ingredient list, I knew I would love it. It's an infusion of a certified organic cinnamon, cloves, lychee berries, cardamom, ginger, lemon balm and lilac marshmallow flowers. It's got the right balance of spiciness and fruitiness, so if you're a fan of anything spicy like chai latte ;) get this. I am definitely recommending this as a tea 'splurge' for yourself or as gifts.

Last but not least, my new mortar & pestles! I haven't used it yet, I am going to feel sad grinding stuff with this because it is just too pretty!!!




What are your 'snack' staples in your kitchen cupboard?! Would love to get some ideas. :) 

6 comments :

  1. Wow lovely idea dear. eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. I am a new follower of yours on GFC and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Your blog is very informative, instant follow! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm also obsessed with oats! <3 and don't get me even started on coconut oil :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, hi5!! I only started to be SO obsessed with everything coconut when I tried the super tasty one by Indah.

      Delete
  3. I love this post!!! I am obsessed with teas and omg I am seriously in love with your new mortar & pestle!!! It's beautiful!

    xoxo,
    Britanie
    http://beautybybritanie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Britanie!

      Thank you!! I enjoy doing this type of post, I consume each one of them every single day haha (almost!). I finally used my new mortar & pestle last night... anyway if you're interested, the brand is La Cocina by Daniella Germain (Ashdene). It's quite a steal, $19.90!!

      Delete