5/29/2013

RMS Beauty "Un" Powder



Often times with natural beauty products, you will find a lot of dewiness coming out from them. Oils are good, they are our friends- the good type kind of oils that is. But for someone like me, whose face can over-produce oil during the summer time, or when all I want is a matte face to go with my make up look.... I would give a toss to RMS Beauty "un" powder that will effectively get rid of that excess shine away!

RMS Beauty "un" powder is a unique one-ingredient formula. It contains the purest silica which has been cut spherically to prevent irritation from the naturally silica crystalline structure. This makes the powder just so.. damn.. fine. It is as soft as silk and does not leave any white residue behind so it's great for all skin colour! If you dislike the overly matte face, this leaves a nice fresh matte finish and not made-up. The staying power is quite amazing,this always lasts me the whole day without a single touch-up, so I urge even the oiliest skin types to give it a go. Read below for more. 



Whilst this is perfect to go with the "un" cover-up, it also works well with my Vapour Soft Focus foundation. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this on my review, but Vapour foundation sometimes settles into my laugh lines and can accentuate dry skin. But, using "un" powder on top, I don't find the foundation to ever settle into the laugh lines anymore, but I also make sure to moisturize and massage my facial oil/cream really well into the skin.





My only concern is that, although this helps my RMS cream eyeshadows to last longer, it takes away the beautiful metallic quality they have and after that.. they just look average really. But I guess that makes sense. I also want to point out that you only need the tiniest amount of the powder, even with the puff! I was very used to using a brush for the application but it seemed that I was more tempted to use a lot more rather than when I was only using the puff. The puff works well too, don't worry.

Anyway, this, for the face, is just pure awesome. No sensitiveness. No talc. No fragrance. Just no frills! Go geddit

10 comments :

  1. Both of the Vapour foundations have a tendency of accentuating dry skin on me! Glad to know I'm not the only one it happens to. Maybe I'll have to give the "un" powder a try on top :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have on and off days with Vapour foundation, sometimes it looks really good sometimes it's just blah, but I still like it! You should give "un" powder a try because it's translucent.. it's kind of multi-purpose.

      Delete
  2. I am just waiting for my current powder to run out so I can be justified in purchasing this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a must try, Tammy!! Let me know when you get one.

      Delete
  3. Love love love......its become a can't live without product....as well as living luminizer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I like to use it one way or the other :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like an absolutely must have! Needless to say...I need it!

    Gem x
    http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, RMS never fails!! a need indeed :)

      Delete
  5. I bought the Make Up Forever HD powder last year and it is also 100% silica but I think it breaks me out somewhat surprisingly. I wonder whether this will do the same but not willing to take a chance. It's a pity as I really like the finish it gives.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.. that's a bit dodgy if the 100% silica already broke you out. Did it irritate your skin at first though? I would be happy to shell out a bit of this powder and put it in my sample pot if you'd like so you can try.. :D

      Delete