5/19/2013

UNE Lip Toned Colour & Breezy Cheeks Blush



Lip Toned Colour in L05 $10


UNE lip toned colour is a shade range inspired by the natural colours of the lips. That's why you won't see any dark or bright dramatic colours in this line or the whole brand really. However, the range will instantly be your selection of go-to lip colours when all you want is just a little bit of enhancement, especially to cover lip discolouration. The one I got is in L05, which is a pinky peach colour so pretty.The staying power isn't amazing, but the coverage really satisfies, very rich pigmentation. I find the consistency and texture also to be almost similar to Vapour's Siren lipsticks but is just slightly less moisturising. I think that Vapour hits the 'high-end' bar with its stellar ingredients (and mostly organic too) whilst UNE is the more affordable line targeted at the drugstore consumers who want to see natural & organic make up. Read more below

To be honest, I am just really really pleased with how creamy and smooth it applies to the lips. I am a big fan of Siren lipsticks by Vapour so having to find a more affordable product that is similar has taken me by a surprise. Although, it doesn't carry any offensive scent, it also does not smell 'oily' like some unscented lip products I have tried. The finish is a bit glossy but not like a lip gloss, just enough to give you the illusion of having that healthy moisturised lips. You can get away using it without a lip balm underneath too. 

Ingredients
Caprylic/capric triglyceride, bis-diglyceryl polycyladipate-2, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, cera alba (beeswax)*, olus (vegetable oil), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, hydrogenated vegetable oil, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, parfum (fragrance), tocopherol, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax extract, argania spinosa kernel oil, bertholletia excelsa seed oil*, glycine soja (soybean) oil, limonene

(may contain): CI77019 (mica), CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), CI 77742 (manganese violet)]

*Ingredients from Organic Farming. 

Breezy Cheeks Blush B06 $12



It is a cream blush that is formulated to transform into a powder finish. I love everything creamy but sometimes I have to admit, cream blushes can be 'sticky' when you hair flies everywhere. Although it claims as a 'cream' blush, I actually find it to be more balmy. The silky balmy texture  (kind of feels powdery actually) makes it very easy to swirl around the pan to pick up the pigment. I apply it with my finger but a cream blush brush would do too. You won't find any crazy colours, just a number of very natural cheek colours that will give you a healthy flush. I don't need a lot of the pigment for the colour to show up, but it is easy to build up. 

Ingredients
Caprylic/capric triglyceride, isopropyl isostearate, cera alba (beeswax)*, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, silica, oryza sativa (rice) hull powder, sunflower seed oil glycerides*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, butryospermum parkii (shea buter)*, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil

[+/- (may contain): CI 77019 (mica), CI 77000 (alumunium powder), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77491, CI 77492 (ironoxides), CI 77742 (manganese violet), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide)]

Both lip toned colour & breezy cheeks applied: 








About The Brand


UNE make up is a French make up brand that stands up for enhancing natural beauty without concealing it, not putting a lot of thick make up that absorbs personality, make-up that favours natural and organic ingredients and make up that cares about the planet. The whole line has been certified by Eco Cert. If you are looking for an affordable natural make up brand that has been certified, UNE is the way to go! It consists of a full-face make up product from BB cream, foundation, blushes, lip colours, eye shadows, brushes, eye liners, mascara. It's branching out to skin care products too recently. I have a feeling that the brand is targeted at mostly women in their early 20-s which you can see from their sleek metal and clean white packaging and are very convenient to carry around. 

5 comments :

  1. Very pretty look - that lippie is gorgeous!
    My love for Une has grown since they first came on to scene and I have been increasingly reaching for more of their products. The BB cream foundation is very nice (has some decent coverage for me!) and the greyish-brown eye pencil is great for my brows.
    They have a simplicity that is quite refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meeta!
      Oh, they must be such a great brand. I didn't have enough chance to try the other products out, either Naturisimo or Love Lula need to restock them! The BB cream foundation is what I'm very curious about. How is the hydration?
      Right?! I really like their chic clean white packaging also.

      Delete
  2. It feels quite light and creamy but goes to a natural, not completely matte finish. A little hydrating but not overly so. I usually use a serum, moisturiser and sunscreen underneath so my skin is prepped for it and is already hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meeta! I have read some reviews around and they said it is compulsory to use moisturiser underneath. Great product. Will look into it when Naturisimo restocks the whole line (which I hope they do!)

      Delete
  3. purchased a lipstick and blush on last night. not yet using them but I can say that I am in love. and by the way, I am on my early 30's :)

    ReplyDelete