6/21/2013

Acure Brightening Facial Scrub



I have been very eager to write a review about this facial scrub by Acure. Since my last post about Pai exfoliator was a bit of a flop, I present you: Acure "Sea" The Difference facial scrub. It's supposedly to be brightening and I looove anything brightening since my skin is always so dull and looking sallow. It's so dull that sometimes even dewiness can give a false impression of looking 'oily' on me. So, exfoliating and masking have become an important bi-weekly routine to boost up skin radiance! Besides, who doesn't love that feeling of a good scrub?!

Since my Clean Dirt is really running low (I should have stocked up before I cry out loud), the Acure exfoliator is a nice temporary substitution for it. Plus, the packaging is not heavy at all making it travel-friendly. Maybe, my forgetfulness to stock up on Clean Dirt brought an exciting new exploration to good scrubs out there! I am pleasantly surprised by the coarseness that is not harsh at all on the skin. It is actually fairly similar to the Clean Dirt but slightly more gentle. If you ever feel the texture of your drinking Cacao powder on your palm, it kind of reminds me of it. Acure uses Cocoa shell in a very fine powder form that is gentle enough to be used as a skin treatment. Cocoa lovers... how yummy does this sound?! And seriously, whilst it sounds good enough to eat, cocoa is highly detoxifying and makes my skin feels renewed and energized.





What's even better is that Acure has combined the unique Sea Kelp and Lemon peel granules to its exfoliating ingredient. Why Sea Kelp? On top of its gentle exfoliating properties, it contains a choke of anti-oxidants and has an array of Vitamins and Minerals so it's highly balancing to get that hydration at a good level.  PLUS, it contains green clay! That's it. I am sold!

If that's not convincing enough, Spirit has called it a 'healthy organic smoothie'. I know what she means, just look at the first few ingredients; Acai, Blackberry, Rosehips, Pomegranate, Rooibos. Deliciously tempting to drink it up. Chrollea Growth Factor, Raspberry and Argam Steam Cells are also made responsible to stimulate cell new growth.

I am confident to say that this has helped to clean my pores and keep away those annoying blackheads because they seem to like my cheeks better than my nose. Although to be honest, it is not really that brightening as it claims, but I just fell in love with its deeply purifying and refined result without making my skin irritated and dry. Of course, this doesn't impress me as much as The Clean Dirt - Oooh that thing is just.. can't even. But, think of Acure as like the St. Ives facial scrub of the green beauty but only 10000x better. For $14.99 filled with natural and organic plant and fruit goodness, it is affordable so there is no reason that you should hold back. I am sure there is a lot of deals so you can get it for even cheaper.


I bet many of you have tried this scrub. How do you like it?

4 comments :

  1. I was sure that I don't need this scrub but maybe now i do :P I love Acure! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally need to try this one out, Jana. It is really good I think!

      Delete
  2. Used this yesterday! Good analogy with the St. Ives--I see it as a simpler/more affordable alternative to the Clean Dirt. And as usual for Acure, an ingredients fruit punch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree!! It is like a fruit punch, I wish it tastes as delicious as it sounds haha.

      Delete