6/29/2013

Audra James Facial Mist + Elixir

I thought I would slip a review here and there in between my summer holiday essentials. Apologize for the emptiness of the blog. It's hard to keep up nowadays because things have gotten really hectic. I just started my internship at a design workshop. While I am so excited I am also feeling slightly overwhelmed but lessons will be learnt along the way. I intend to keep my 'summer essentials' posts flowing by updating every single day following this post. 


Being in the capital city of Indonesia, Jakarta, you totally need a lot of time commitment to be on the road. For someone who is not used to it, frustration creeps in easily and plus the climate and the weird weather don't really help. So, I always bring my Audra James Rose mist in my backpack wherever I go because it's such a keeper. I spray this throughout the day whenever needed. Inhaling the aroma as I mist really helps me to stay calm and grounded. You can keep this in the fridge too, to get an even more cooling sensation. The mist is actually pure rose water that has been infused with Bulgarian Rose oil, French Lavender, Rose Geranium and that's it. It actively soothes and slightly hydrates, ideal for all skin types. If you'd like the more anti-bacterial version of Audra's toner, she has what's called a skin tonic. 



Audra James is truly an exciting and special brand to me. I first discovered the brand when I read Beauty Huile's blog front to back and it'd been on my wishlist ever since. She has a line of products that are readily formulated for general skin types, but what's so special is that she offers Be Spoke products such as facial elixirs which is the one that I ordered. Priced at $75 I thought it's worth every penny. In a flash, her formulations and ingredients are simple but the way she combines them together is incomparable. She is very detailed in her questions and she would do a couple of follow-ups in between. With her thorough knowledge and skills, she had created my Be Spoke facial elixir within a week. I have sensitive skin type that is normal to dry, and also acne-prone. 

Here is the ingredient list for my facial elixir: Organic Camellia oil, Superfine Jojoba, Macadamia, Organic Rosehip Seed, Calendula Oil, Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Evening Primrose, Vitamin E (natural source), Organic Rose Geranium Essential Oil, Organic French Lavender Essential Oil, Roman Chamomile infused in Jojoba. 

I know there is no fancy-pants exotic ingredients that people might be looking for, but somehow I feel settled that the formulation has been handled with a mindful. The elixir is specially formulated for the tropical climate in Indonesia so I still needed a bit more of hydration when I was in Australia when I used this. I really love how calming this is and it gives a PERFECT hydration for my skin currently. It is slightly dense but sinks in and moisturizes beautifully. Audra has taken into account that I use Sodashi as my basic cleanse + moisturise so her products are nice companions for them. Both the elixir and the mist come with an instruction sheet each to give you multiple ways to use them. 

Audra James is also one of those few people who would share her wealth of knowledge in natural beauty on her blog here and in her facial treatments or if you contact her to ask about something through e-mail, she would reply to you shortly after! I am really eager to try her facial treatment which I will be sure to do when I visit Brisbane. If you haven't tried the brand, I urge you to give it a go, I think you might find at least one that you will love. 

Check out her products here

1 comment :

  1. Wow, I would love to try this elixir, love the ingredients :) and now i'm off to read Audra's blog.. :) xx

    ReplyDelete