6/16/2013

Pai Kukui & Jojoba Skin Brightening Exfoliator

Image Credit to Pai Skincare website

I shall just jump right in; I am feeling a bit hesitant about this product. As you may all know, Pai is a niche brand specially formulated for people with sensitive skin. But this one is just way too gentle for me as an exfoliator. Sure it contains the little jojoba beads but they are too soft to slough off the rough dry patches I sometimes get. I also don't find enough beads to roll around and exfoliate my whole face in proportionate to the gel which makes it even less effective. Even though I have sensitive skin, my skin can still thankfully enjoy the feeling of being 'scrubbed' using my Clean Dirt or Acure Brightening facial scrub without any irritation.



Although this Pai exfoliator is nothing like them, here is the good part. It IS brightening. It is as brightening as how sunny and refreshing that yellowy lemon colour is. Probably thanks to the exfoliator being enriched with 'high concentrations of Omega 3 & 6 plus Vitamins A, D & E that instantly hydrates and brightens'. Because the texture is slightly sticky due to the gel form, I find that it lifts up the dead skin cells to help reveal a brighter complexion. It is definitely not as softening as my normal exfoliators hence why I am feeling 50:50 towards this product. But it packs a bit of moisture into the skin thanks to Kukui oil that is THE star ingredient in the product. When you are ready to wash it off, it transforms into a milky solution as you introduce water to make it easier for you to cleanse. I prefer taking it off with a facial cloth as cleansing with simply water can take awhile until it does not leave an oily residue anymore.

With winter had finally came to greet, my skin is now slightly temperamental. I have tried a good number of the tester pots which I reach out to when I cannot exfoliate with my normal scrubs but I feel like I need to.

Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, glycerine*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, aleurites moluccana seed (kukui) oil*, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil*, persea gratissima (avocado) oil*, hydrogenated castor oil and hydrogenated jojoba oil (exfoliating jojoba beads), sucrose laurate, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit water*, boswellia carterii (frankincense) oil*, litsea cubeba fruit (may chang) oil*, mixed tocopherols (natural vitamin e).  *certified organic. 

7 comments :

  1. Great review! I feel pretty similar - I've also gone through a couple sample pots, but I haven't been convinced to take the plunge on a full size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great review :) I'm the same as you Caitie, still sitting on the fence about this one.

      Delete
    2. I know, me neither. I need a little bit more convincing although I do really like the brightening part.

      Delete
  2. Great review sweetie :) I like the brightening part :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I feel underwhelmed when I use this. While I like how it turns into a milk and rinses easy, I can't tell if it's done anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Curious on how well this works on people with very reactive skin.

      Delete