6/01/2013

Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Fruit & Seed Oil Blend



It's not too late to talk about rosehip oil, right? I first really learnt about the benefits of using pure rosehip oil after I overheard Miranda Kerr promoting her skin care line, Kora Organics at David Jones years ago. She swears by it because it makes her skin glow and she would put it every night to rejuvenate her skin. It really was the first pure natural 'ingredient' that caught my interest and so I got myself one by Kora Organics called Luxurious Rosehip oil. It is pretty nice but I discovered Pai who uses the fruit and the seed of the rosehip oil to make it twice as many regenerative sterols and five times the caretonoids seed oil. Yeah, I didn't even know what they meant then.

So, this Pai rosehip oil contains the highest potency of rosehip oil there is. There are many great brands out there who, of course, use the cold-pressing method to minimize processing. BUT, I have never heard one that utilizes Rosehip plant as a whole. Basically, if you're addicted to Retinol, try this stuff because it's a fantastic substitution for that without your skin flaking off and unnecessary irritations you may get. Rosehip oil is a source of Trans-Retinoic Acid aka Vitamin A which treats many skin conditions so even the most sensitive skin type can use it. It is also rich in Essential Fatty Acids and Omega 3,6,7 & 9 and these with the Vitamin A, are incredibly helpful to strengthen the skin and reduce hyper-pigmentation from melasma, sun damage and acne scarring. Read more below. 



This stuff is the brightest facial oil I have ever seen, it is sunshine in a bottle! Sounds great right? Yeah. I am glad this oil does not make me break out though because I was nervous about it not being able to penetrate into the skin quite well. This oil can definitely be for all skin types, but I still think it depends since it is slightly heavy. Saying that, I can pretty much say that it does even out my skin tone, although not completely, it is getting there. It also leaves my skin deeply hydrated and soft which I am really impressed with. It does not, however, address to my medium-sized pores issue. The scent? if you're into a sweet tea type of scent, you will love this. The scent is not in my favor as I like a more complicated woodsy or herbal scent to lull me to sleep but at least this does a great job!!

I really do recommend this as your stapled product in your cabinet. I have sensitive skin type and it is an affordable oil which has a superb rejuvenating property for your skin. I am totally obsessed with face masks, but this facial oil makes my skin feel refreshed and renewed, hence 'regenerating'. If your skin is feeling dry, it is especially beneficial for you, so so hydrating! Good for sunburns too. 

I use it as a 'treatment' product because it is quite a heavy one.. I love it 2 or 3 times a week at night. If you're wondering, it does not stain my pillow cases but just to be sure, allow it to absorb for 30 minutes or so before you go to bed. Avoid using this during the day due to photo-sensitivity ingredients. I got my Pai rosehip oil from Beauty Bay for $27. Also recommend buying it from I Am Natural Store (great point products ;)). If you want a 30-day-money-back guarantee (in case it doesn't work for you!) get it from Pai Skincare. I doubt that it won't at all though.


Do you use pure rosehip oil/any blend of rosehip oil? What is your favourite brand and what do you like about it? 

13 comments :

  1. Great post! I've been eyeing this product for quite some time now but never got around to buy it..i just use "normal" rosehip oil :P But i'll definitely have to splurge on this one :) There are just sooo many oils i wanna try!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jana, I'm pretty sure that there's only a slight difference from using the 'normal' rosehip oil and the Pai rosehip oil, at least that's what I have read so far (here in Australia, the very famous ones are by Trilogy, Kosmea and A'Kin). I chose Pai because I like their overall brand and its been certified. It's also been extracted through C02 method and uses the fruit and the seed which set it apart from other rosehip oils. I have played around with the others, but no rosehip is as bright as this O_O.

      Tell me about it. I am pretty much obsessed with facial oils too, there are so many brands on my wishlist I can't decide which one I should get first!!

      Delete
  2. I really like this oil, I know some people say that the other rosehip oils are just as good but I only actually like this one, I guess each to there own, it isn't a light oil but I don't find it heavy, I only need like 1-2 drops with it a few times a week. Haven't purchased it in awhile because I have so many at the moment but it is definetely on the list to buy again xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy! Yeah, I think I might be on the same boat with you too, besides.. the whole packaging and the brand is really nice.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore rosehip oil, I've got the Trilogy one but I've always been curious about this one!

    Gem x
    http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trilogy is a good one, they have won many awards and get raved reviews so quality is assured. There was a review where a person compared the two: read it here http://treasureboxesandtrinkets.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/rosehip-oils-trilogy-vs-pai.html

      Delete
  4. I like mixing a drop of Pai's rosehip oil into handcream and I've also used it to fade discoloration/dark spots on my body. On my face, I didn't notice much of a difference, so it's not something I use much there anymore. I wasn't crazy about the smell at first either, but it's grown on me and I actually really like it now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitie! Thanks for the tip!! I put it on my stretch marks sometimes, but I haven't noticed any difference. Maybe I need to be more consistent with it but I still doubt it. I find it really good too to fade discoloration and dark spots on my body, but on my face, it's also brightening.

      Oh no, at least the thing with facial oils... if they don't work you can use it on your body as well! I'm the other way around about the scent. I really liked the smell that I would use it every day straight in a week until I felt like I was overdosed from the sweetness. I guess I'm not a sweet-tooth when it comes to scent haha!

      Delete
  5. It seems promising (I'm looking for a new facial oil just because I'm bored with what I have now) but I'm not so comfortable with the packaging... With this kind of oil that's light sensitive, I'd prefer something in an amber-colored bottle.

    How do you compare this with RMS beauty oil? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vivi!

      I would definitely go for the RMS beauty oil ofc! The texture is just amazing and I love the benefits of it on my skin. The thing is, RMS Beauty oil obviously costs a lot more so, when everything else runs out and I want something that is just pure without essential oils (think sensitive skin being hormonal!) I would grab this. $27 30ml for something powerful like this, it's a bargain!

      Yeah, a lot of people have raised questions about the packaging. To be honest, as long as you store it in a dark place like your cabinet, then it's fine.

      Delete
  6. Great review! I really want to try Pai, everybody is raving about this brand now :) x

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usually rosehips oil isnät advised for acne-prone skintypes, it's bit of a controversy saying it will help but also worsen. Luckily it didn't aggravate my sensitive acne-prone skin! I also think it did some good job in healing some of my scars. I even mixed some for my own DIY Antipodes Divine Oil, and it worked really well.
    I've only tested two rosehip oils: Pai's and Life Flo Health. But I definitely like Pai's better just because it's so potent and the only one on the market using both the seeds and the fruit. I got actually quite sad when I finished it up around August, since then it's been on my Re-buy-list but hasn't really been prioritized.
    The problem though I have with Pai, is that they know every of their products must be consumed withing 6 months, still they insist on selling their products in transparent glass bottles! This makes light go through and can oxidize the oils more quickly. So I saw myself having the oil in the refrigerator or somewhere dark.
    Second thing I didn't like with the packaging in particular was the pipette, it was really hard for me to squeeze anything in or out, and I really wished they would have fixed this by now :/ (I'm trying to collect and recycle pipette bottles for my own DIY and this one was just to waste)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Article. Very Helpful. I also find a article same as this and its also very helpful.Please Check This
    I HAVE BEEN USING THE CHAMOMILE EYE CREAM WITH THE SEA KELP MASK

    ReplyDelete