6/11/2013

Spirit Beauty Lounge Haul


So very excited that my SBL package finally came! There is a couple of stuff that I'm hoping to give as gifts for my family and friends back home, so I was glad it arrived on time. As I'm writing this haul, I am sipping on the Pukka Herbal Refresh tea that I requested as a sample. Delish. 

1. Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence. I love a good splurge on a nice toner! I was given an adequately sized sample of their old hydrating toner and really enjoyed it. I noticed a different scent from this one though. I think they had a major change in their formulation since the packaging revamping. The previous one was brimming with happy floral scent while this one reminds me of one of her aromatic treatments.I had always wanted this toner as I could use this as a light skin moisturizer when I'm in Indonesia. It's very hot and humid there and my skin would beg for a constant refreshment. 

2. Acure Brightening Facial Scrub. The first Acure product that I tried was their shampoo and conditioner duo in Volumizing. It didn't give that vavavooom it promises to deliver but I like the price. I was also really eager to try out Acure's facial product lines, so I started off with their facial scrub first, the non leave-on stuff. It contains Sea Kelp, Lemon and Cocoa Powder to gently exfoliate as well as French Green Clay to give a deeper cleanse. Sounds really good to me!! Can I also give a shout out to Acure for their cute packaging?! 

3. Intelligent Nutrients Renewal Complex Eye Gel. Eye care is probably pretty non-existent in my beauty routine. Not saying that I don't need it because I definitely do. I just tend to use my facial oil and blend it upward lightly to hydrate my eye area. If I could ever choose an eye cream, it would still be the Tata Harper one... brightens my dark circles like no other. Then, this one by Intelligent Nutrients was released and it makes a list of pretty big claims too. Plus, the unique applicator excite me. We shall see if this works!!

4. RMS Beauty lip shine in 'sacred'. I finally feel like my RMS Beauty collection is complete. This sacred colour is the one I have been eyeing but dodging from for awhile. I knew it's gonna be around for a long time since who doesn't just fall in love with RMS products? 

5. Vered Balancing Facial Oil. My first Vered product. It actually contains 44ml of facial oil, so I'm sure that it's going to take time to finish this. The scent is a blend of various herbs that you are familiar with. Lots of citrus family but my favourite would be the Lemongrass in this. I had a good sniff from the bottle, and it is just oh so relaxing. Again, I am all prepared for the holiday, this, I think, is going to be a good night treatment that is light. 

6. Ilia Lipstick in Blossom Lady and Bang Bang. Bang Bang is for a friend of mine, it looks nice on her lighter skin tone colour, but Blossom Lady?! I never thought this this pale pink would look nice on me! I don't like the barbie pink lips look on me and I am actually pretty much the opposite when it comes to finding lipsticks. I would rather go for darker, brighter, deeper colours (you name it) just because they tend to have a better look factor on me. Whenever I buy a light shade no matter the brand, it tends to 'fill up' the lines on my lips. I drink lots of water I swear I do. Anyway, this Blossom Lady doesn't do that horrendous thing, a very nice feminine natural colour that I can just grab and go! 


I took advantage of their 15% sale plus used up 2 of old vouchers. Made SUCH a good saving!! :) Did you buy anything too lately? 

16 comments :

  1. Lovely purchases, interested to hear how you get on with them.
    I recently finished my Tata Harper Floral Essence, I had the previous packaged variant and really loved the scent but I haven't tried the reformulated one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formulated one works as good, I love how hydrating and refreshing it is. The size that I bought is not a very convenient one, but I have been carrying it in my bag everywhere I go.

      I will definitely be reviewing everything once I give it enough time to use the products. Thanks Meeta! :)

      Delete
  2. This post solidified my need for Blossom Lady. It will definitely be my next Ilia Beauty purchase. I also enjoy the Pukka Refresh tea. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is naturally gorgeousss, you will love it.

      Delete
  3. Yay, Sacred and Vered!! Also liking that Acure scrub--I think of it as a slightly gentler, budget buy version of The Clean Dirt. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally what I thought too. I know there's nothing better that will beat The Clean Dirt, but when I tried Acure Scrub I can't help but the coarseness reminds me of the clays, salts and all the goodies in The Clean Dirt except slightly gentler. It doesn't do what The Clean Dirt can do, but it is a nice temporary 'substitution' scrub when my Clean Dirt is running out.

      Delete
  4. Great haul Asti! I love receiving SBL packages and I also took advantage of the recent 15% sale. I purchased the Vered Herb-infused toner and a few W3ll People items, all of which which I am loving. I also received my Cult Beauty parcel this week which co-incidentally included RMS Sacred lip shine!

    I am interested to hear what you think about the Vered Balancing Facial Oil once you have a chance to trial it properly. I am down to the last quarter of mine, and have to decide whether to repurchase it or order more Yuli oils. Love both those brands.

    Yvonne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne!

      Me too, there's nothing better than receiving fun goodies. I quite liked the Vered Balancing oil already, especially when my skin is feeling a tad oily. Vered wasn't joking when she said it's especially formulated for oily skin. Sinks in sooo fast, a must for oily skin. But then again, I have only used it for a few times still. My skin is quite dry at the moment so need something extra nourishing. Will be testing Vered when I'm in Indonesia.

      Yvonne, have you heard of Audra James? I have been using her BeSpoke facial oil recently. You should check out her products, I am going to give a review when I give it enough time to test. Her products go hand in hand with my Sodashi essentials.

      Yay! How do you like the RMS Sacred?

      Delete
    2. I'd think the Vered should work well in the humid heat of Indonesia. I must say that the Herb-infused toner goes really well with the oils - seems to make them sink into the skin.

      I just had a look at Audra James' website and the products look very interesting. I especially like that she is Australian-based (for a change!). Can't wait to read your review.

      I haven't had an opportunity to wear Sacred out yet, I've only tested it while I was at home and it is so moisturising and the colour is beautiful! You should do a blogpost wearing it!

      Yvonne :)

      Delete
    3. Yup that's it. Putting more Vered products in my next SBL purchase.

      Audra James has very interesting products although in a flash the ingredients are very simple. But trust me, she knows what she's doing and plus her bespoke service doesn't cost too much $$$$$ :). There is not one 'useless' ingredient she would put if I don't need it. If you are in Brisbane, you are lucky you can enjoy her facial!! She is actually British but has been settling here for quite awhile I think.

      While we are on the subject, have you tried anything Australian-owned? I am curious about Surface skincare that's been featured in the Raw+Pure box! I really like their ethics and the sound of their ingredients.

      Sacred is so moisturising, isn't it?! I actually find it glossier than my other lip shines from RMS! I totally will do a blog post dedicated to Sacred, pretty colour! and OHMG guess what I found at the Great Health store in the city?! ... Bite Beauty complete collection of lip products that are not ridicoulsy charged.. they were between 25-27$ I think. I am so surprised because other retailers sell them for 37$ (holy moly).

      Delete
    4. Unfortunately I haven't tried anything Australian-owned apart from Sodashi. Prior to getting into organic/natural products almost all the brands I enjoyed were Australian - eg. Synergie Practitioner, Aspect, Rationale.

      Glad that you have discovered both Audra James and Surface. I need to know about more natural Aussie companies. It's getting expensive to order and get things shipped from USA with our dollar heading downwards! I even held back with ordering from SBL the other day when they had 15% off.

      I love the Great Health stores! Their prices are usually lower than other health stores but unfortunately it's easy to add additional extras to the shopping basket.

      Yvonne

      Delete
  5. What a lovely haul Asti! I would really like to see you wearing Sacred :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just preparing a blog post for it. Thanks Lilly!

      Delete
  6. dang girl nice haul! i love the tata harper floral essence. such a happy scent! i have not yet tried it again post-reformulation, though, so interested to smell this new scent you mentioned. i haven't tried anything from vered yet. the oil you mentioned sounds lovely for night time. looking forward to more reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete