6/29/2013

Summer Holiday Skin Care Pt. 2 (The Pampering Products)



Even when I'm overseas, I always try my best to bring my skin care treatments with me. I think it's a must given how unstable my skin is. Besides, pampering myself is one of the most luxurious things in the world I can treat myself to, so despite all the busy schedule having a 'me' time is essential. 

Acure Brightening Facial Scrub. I have given a rave review about it here. This facial scrub is ideal to travel with because it is light. As much as I love my products being protected in Myron glass, they put so much weight (plus, I'm a lousy packer). This scrub is quite fine in texture and does not irritate my skin at all. I always feel the need to scrub my face 2x a week, it's been a big life-saver for me to avoid congestion and blackheads. The upside is that it is not as stimulating as my Clean Dirt which contain many spices and salts so when my skin is taking its toll, this scrub is truly gentle but effective. 

Absolution Purifying Mask. Again, I have to mention how stellar this product is. If you have read my review before on this, then you would know how much this product has impressed me. It is absolutely purifying (ha!), gives a little bit of a tingle when you put it on so slightly stimulating due to the mint. It leaves my skin SO purified the next day, there is not one day where this product fails to give that result. Very good to suck those whiteheads out and if your whiteheads are already at their tips, this mask will soften it so that it can get extracted naturally. I cannot vouch for pores refinement because as far as it goes, I have only seen a really good purifying action out of this mask. 

Last but not least, The Youth Dew by the one and only May Lindstrom Skin! Is it possible to love one brand THAT much?! Seriously, I think everything she makes, I will go try it in a heartbeat. The texture is just ever so gorgeous, probably the most gorgeous facial oil I have ever tried because it melts like butter and glides like silk. Although it feels lightweight on your hands, it ambitiously hydrates the skin. One pump for me is enough. Sometimes it can be too over-hydrating and I would mix it with whatever toner or mist I have to give it a nice lighter weight. The scent is beautiful, very hefty on the citrus but slightly sweetened by the beautiful rose and geranium. I personally like to use this as my special 2x or 3x a week facial oil. Your skin will feel silky the next day, really!

I also want to share this little ball of love! He belongs to my friend and he is SO damn cute. He eats a lot and is slightly too mischievous. 


8 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Let me know when you have tried it! :)

      Delete
  2. I desperately need to try something by May Lindstrom, everyone is constantly going on about her products. I think I'll add this serum to my birthday wish list!

    Gem x
    http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Gemma, you have to try it. It is absolutely amazing, I think you will appreciate every product she makes. So gorgeous. Given how much you are raving about Bodhi and Aurelia products, I want to try them so bad as well!

      Delete
  3. Even when I'm overseas, I always try my best to bring my skin care treatments with me. I think it's a must given how unstable my skin is. Besides, pampering myself is one of the most luxurious things in the world I can treat myself to, so despite all the busy schedule having a 'me' time is essential.

    Botox in Chandigarh |
    Acne treatment in chandigarh

    ReplyDelete