7/25/2013

An Etsy Find: Vice & Velvet, Read Me A Lovely Poet of Fragrance



Going to Sunday Market is one of my favorite things to do but sometimes, I have to admit.. it takes a bit of an effort to wake up early. Thankfully, there's Etsy right? I love finding out what's happening locally and after spending hours looking through each one of them, my eyes laid on Vice & Velvet. The name and representation caught my eye and my brain automatically flickers through cupcakes images and all the sweet things. Definitely spot-on with the name. 

So what is special about this brand? The scents oh the scents. I am absolutely picky about scents, I love scents that I can possibly eat-it-up, like dessert. Or yummy drink. She concocts such unique scents and put them into a range of square and jewel soap, body polish and cream, and also bathing whip. I ended up getting Quiet Time (Limited Edition) and Blushing Phoenix. Quiet Time is described as "a bowlful of vanilla marshmallows, a steaming rose petal bath and the hypnotic flickr of sandalwood candle" while Blushing Phoenix is "an exquisite blend of lychee syrup, sweetened oolong tea and palmrosa syrup, emboldened with a drop of aged vetiver". Now you get me when I said it's irresistible right? The scent itself is like a poetry that either sweetens or darkens as you go. Read more below. 


I have been using my Quiet Time body mousse.. it's literally like a mousse that feels airy and lightweight, but it still hydrates my skin nicely. I wouldn't depend on it alone if it was dead winter though. The only thing that I am concerned about is the use of Germall Plus as a preservative as so I have read, it may set off eczema or contact dermatitis. Now, I am just putting it out there in case you are concerned or shady about it. But other than that, the brand is vegan-friendly, and free from synthetic dyes/pigments, fragrance, parabens, mineral oil and sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate and I haven't had any adverse reaction. However, with that information, I still hope you are very tempted to try it out because the scents..... The only product that doesn't contain Germall Plus is their soaps so I highly recommend their soaps! They make a perfect gift and a nice reason to wake up to every morning :) 

Ingredients (soap): olive oil, coconut oil, rice bran oil, organic rice milk, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, fragrance oils, essential oils, activated charcoal, cocoa and titanium dioxide. *May contain ingredients from other soaps including shea butter, macadamia oil, honey and various essential oils. 

Check their etsy and webshop out and also their facebook. First time customers, don't forget to use your 10% off coupon using FIRSTTIME1. All photos are courtesy of Vice & Velvet. They are just way too gorgeous! And yes like the picture below, you do get the small bits of petals, salts and what not in your pot :) 

Let me know if you are willing to try it! 



2 comments :

  1. these are beauuuutiful! love a good etsy shop!

    Mayah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mayah :)

      The scents are even more beautiful, you have to try them!

      Delete