8/25/2013

Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick in Fresco


When it comes to lipsticks and lip treatments, I am highly cautious about what they contain. Lip products were the most convincing thing that made me switch to natural products. After all, I might possibly be directly ingesting the ingredients from drinking and eating. Fortunately, a beautiful array of lip products which doesn't contain 'the nasties' are there for you to choose. RMS Beauty, Vapour Organic Beauty and Ilia Beauty are some of the pioneers in the natural green beauty genre who make beautiful, multi-tasking lip products.

What I am truly missing though is the luxurious touch from the moment I hold onto the lipstick tube, up until I actually apply the lipstick on my lips. Hourglass Creme Velvet lipstick seriously doesn't disappoint my imagination. Although the company doesn't fall into a green and 100% natural beauty company, the lipstick is the closest thing I will ever get to an indulgent lipstick that doesn't contain concerning chemical ingredients. The lipstick is formulated without Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Dyes and Pthalates.

Pairing it with Kjaer Weis Creme Blush in Blossoming (Review will be next!)



Tastes like Vanilla. It is supposedly creamy but also feels like a gel formula to let it freely glides on your lips. I chose a shade that is the closest to my own lip color called Fresco. I tried it at Mecca Cosmetica without a whim and holy Sh035093u503t I never wanted a lipstick more than this one in my life. I was willing to wait and think about how much I want it for a few months (that's long right?). It is satisfyingly moisturizing without a lip balm. The color Fresco is almost opaque but managed to be nicely pigmented even upon the first application but still makes me want to apply it over and over again due to the easy texture.

I find the finish quite similar to the Vapour lipstick that is creamy and gives a lovely sheen, like the look of healthy plump lips. I love that. Longevity is also really good even after a few drinks and an eat-out. Colour would still be even. The heavy shiny metal tube packaging makes a lovely understatement to how fantastic this lipstick is. I admit that I was lucky I got it on 25% off on Zuneta about half a year ago but it is one lush lipstick I have been eye-ing on for the longest time. Priced at $30 a tube and $24 for re-fills. I am willing to shell out my cash for another lippie colour by Hourglass but truly, when in doubt, I grab this color which is a nice enhancement to my own lips.



Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, DI-PPG-3 Myristyl Ether Adipate, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, Tribehenin, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Vanillin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410:2), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2).

5 comments :

  1. very nice colour on you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Raven by Hourglass, and had my eye on Ballet for the longest time, by which time I had started on natural/organic products so never purchased it. I agree about the luxury of not-so-clean brands. I still love my Tom Ford lipsticks and byTerry lipstick but generally reach for the organic brands first.

    The colour of Fresco looks lovely and natural.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raven by Hourglass is such a stunning red I loove it! The texture really gives the red such an Ooomph! Ballet is also such a pretty pink, reminds me a bit of Ilia Beauty in Call Me, no? Or is it slightly more berry? (can't tell from the online swatches!). I am going to check these colours out next time I go to Mecca though.

      Hahaha, I waited for 6 months only to contemplate whether I should 'splurge' myself on the lipstick that is less natural but alas, 6 months and I still wanted it and there was that sale LOL. It's OK I think to get tempted by those lipsticks once in awhile, it's like a candy treat :p

      Delete
    2. Absolutely, you should be allowed to treat yourself to candy every so often if your 'diet' is generally healthy! Plus that was a great deal from Zuneta.

      Just received the new Mecca catalogue today and see that they have included the insert explaining their recent price decreases. Maybe that includes items from Hourglass?

      I will have to check out the Ilia equivalent of Ballet (not that I need ANOTHER lipstick!)

      Yvonne

      Delete
  3. This looks absolutely beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete