8/27/2013

Kjaer Weis Creme Blush in Blossoming, My Dewy Pink Creme Blush


OK, when I said that the green beauty make-up is lacking in the luxury category, I absolutely did not give enough credit for Kjaer Weis. I love highlighters that instantly takes away the hours of not enough sleep (or too much sleep), but when I'm in the rush, this one is a get-and-go for me. Thanks to ingredients like Shea Butter, Carnauba wax & Beeswax, my cheeks are getting that luminous glow that it needs without gimmick shimmers.  It is also what I reach out to, literally, all of the time, during the colder months.



The formula warms up instantly upon touch with fingers. You will love swirling around your fingers in this dreamy formula as you feel it melting gently. Although the blush is not richly pigmented like shall we say.. RMS lip2cheek, I would say that on some days, I much prefer this especially on special occasion just because it delivers a beautiful dewy finish to the cheeks that looks semi-sheer. The colour "Blossoming" is described as a mauve which leans more towards light-medium pink against my skin tone and color- it's a warmer version of the shade Lovely I think. The way I like to apply this blush is by picking up the pigment using my ring finger and then slightly using the tap-and-blend method to apply it on my cheeks also with the help of my middle finger. Be gentle so you won't rub off whatever concealer or foundation you have underneath. When blending, blend it super lightly. Also, it can be an overkill if I use both my favorite "Un" Cover-Up by RMS and this blush so I always, always, dust a setting powder after concealing. I would still get that luminous glow from the blush but no sticky mess at all! Doing this helps my skin to 'breathe', but in the summer I stray away from this blush as it is quite hydrating. Click below for swatches.







You might notice the staying power is pretty mediocre (lasts a few hours during the day for me) but no worries, it is dead easy to re-apply. Plus, it's just another reason to take it out of your purse because the heavy duty metal packaging is worth getting the limelight. The only negative aspect about the packaging is that I wish it came with a storing pouch. I hate getting it scratched all over (which I did because I am clumsy) and if the packaging was intended to double as a mirror, then it's nice to have at least a micro-fiber cloth to give it a spanking brand new clean surface.

Ingredients: castor seed oil*, caprylic/capric triglyceride, candelilla cera, carnauba wax, corn startch*, shea butter*, beeswax*, rose rubiginosa seed oil*, jojoba oil*, tocopheryl acetate, ammonium glycyrrhizate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract*, gardenia florida fruit extract. May contain +/-: mica, ci 77491, ci77891, ci 75470, ci 77492, ci 77499. *certified organic. Made in Italy. 

Gently scented with Vanilla. $54 with the packaging and $26 for the refill. I can say that I am looking forward to buy more of Kjaer Weis creme blushes as I think it is the star product from the line. I am eye-ing on Sun Touched and Joyful already. I would say that this creme blush is right for all age although it might also be something that I would steal from my mum's beauty vanity if I was 15 years old ^_^. Of course in a good way just because Kjaer Weis seems... classic :).

Buy it from Spirit Beauty Lounge, I Am Natural Store (AU), and Naturisimo (UK & Rest of The World, free delivery).


6 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful color<3 And the packaging is just awesome :) Too bad it's not more long lasting, especially considering the price of it :/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I personally don't find it as long lasting as RMS, but it has its plus and minus. Honestly, it is one of the most luxurious creme blushes I have ever tried so I still think it's quite worth the splurge if you decide to buy one. Maybe it's just my skin :) And isn't the packaging awesome?

      Delete
  2. A very pretty colour! I haven't tried anything from Kjaer Weis yet but I have ordered their mascara so looking forward to trying that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Meeta! It is indeed a pretty color. I am looking forward to get more Kjaer Weis goodies. Let us know how the mascara goes for you, looking for a mascara but I still prefer to stick with my Maybelline (yes shame on me) just because it is substantially cheaper. The KW lip tints are nice although it's nothing too special imo, but it dries semi-matte which I love - looks very natural.

      Delete
  3. The colour is absolutely lovely and the ingredients sound great, and a vanilla scent definitely makes me want to try it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely lovely color, and ingredients are simple and straightforward. I love that they use Rose, Honeysuckle, and Gardenia as the preservatives, which just makes the product THISSSS MUCHHHH moree beautiful. You should try it! :) - The Vanilla extract is a nice little touch.

      Delete