10/13/2013

Flight Skincare Camellia Facial Treatment





I thought it's an impeccable timing to tease you with this facial oil that I absolutely adore. Yup, Flight's Camellia Facial Treatment is definitely a fantastic addition to my facial oil collection, and should be yours too. Luckily, it is currently on sale on the website for $49 (25 ml) from $62 although I was able to snatch this up with a fab offer last September.

I was first introduced to this facial oil thanks to Haley from Peachy Clean. She assured me that this was her must-have from the brand and she cannot stop gushing over how beautiful the smell is -like Camellia flowers she said. Honestly, I am clueless about what Camellia flowers smell like but upon receiving it.. I made sure that's the first thing I smelled. If there was a hint of Neroli, Lavender and Sandalwood in it.. it would be very minimal because I can hardly detect their singular notes at all. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it is a gorgeous floral scent, rather than sweet, it is so much filled with elegance. It really is gorgeous, and if you love Jasmine scent I have a feeling you will fall for this one too.

The facial oil is a simple blend of Macadamia, Sweet Almond, Camellia Seed and Avocado plant oils with a touch of Neroli, Lavender and Sandalwood to increase the efficacy of cell renewal by deeply nourishing and repairing the skin. I am in love with Camellia oil - or anything Japanese for that matter. I am super excited to find out that this is the star ingredient in this facial oil. The Japanese Geisha swears by Camellia oil to cleanse their face from the heavy make-up and it is also the one responsible for making their skin looking flawless. It is a highly penetrating oil that is usually used for skin that is dry but also sensitive. It really soothes and calms easily irritated skin while smoothing out rough, flaky spots. One other key ingredient is also Macadamia Nut oil that is excellent to deeply nourish as it contains a high level of Omega 7 Fatty Acids to slow down signs of aging, wrinkles and dryness. You can read more about the benefit of Macadamia Nut oil as Meghan from Seed to Serum blog has kindly summarized it for us.


I am just deeply in love with this facial oil, I slather it on 2-3x a week as a night treatment or whenever my skin is feeling irritated. Now that my Pai Rosehip already ran out, I substituted it with this one and it has kept me swooning ever since. Like I said, the scent is a gorgeous elegant floral scent, that is... 'mature' rather than sweet. The scent alone already brings me a state of mind that is clear and calm. The texture is very dense -like most highly moisturizing oils- but what I am surprised about is how quickly it penetrates into the skin! I thought it would take awhile given the texture. Whether my skin is thirsty for hydration or not, it just sinks in quickly, but doesn't vanish or feel like coating the skin. I rate this facial oil highly and cannot recommend it enough. It has the power to soothe my skin and gives it the hydration and balance that my skin needs without clogging the pores (I'm highly acne-prone!).


Get yours now from Flight Skincare (remember it's $49!) and Peachy Clean

7 comments :

  1. That's a great deal and I was so tempted to purchase (it was in my 'cart' along with the Raw Inner Beauty Superfood). I managed to restrain myself as I have a few oils I am using and worry about the product expiry dates.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love how jam-packed her raw inner beauty superfood is! I really want that too along with her tea that sounds gorgeously delicious. I never had a chance to try Rose tea often. How do you use the superfood powder btw? Does it taste great as is or do you have to mix it in a juice?

      It is a good deal especially for such a fantastic facial oil. I am seriously in love with it. There's no expiry date on any of the packaging (none that I am aware of), I forwarded this concern to Kym but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Hopefully, soon and I will let you know.

      Delete
  2. I have a weakness for any oil that contains Neroli. The scent is heavenly. This product sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love this, Britanie! So nourishing and yes, the scent is beautiful.

      Delete
  3. This sounds gorgeous! Need to see if I can find a UK stockist! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there's any UK stockist yet! It's a fairly small business originating from Australia, you can go ahead and order from her or peachyclean.com :)

      Delete
  4. camellia seed! the secret behind the beautiful, flawless skin of the Japanese women :) i've been testing their acai firming mask and am curious to try more now!

    sonja
    lifeinblush.com

    ReplyDelete