10/06/2013

Flight Skincare Sheer Luxury Milk Cleanser starring Goat's Milk




I like this cleanser a lot. It is non-stripping so it leaves my skin soft, slightly hydrated and smooth. What got my attention was the fact that it is a goat's milk based cleanser. Why Goat's Milk you ask? Goat's Milk contains lactic acid (or alpha hydroxy acids) to help remove the dead skin cells, gently exfoliating the skin but it does so in a super gentle way. With it also being exceptionally rich in Essential Fatty Acids, this makes it a super healing ingredient that is excellent for dry, mature, sensitive skin type and even acne-ic skin. I have congested skin and I find that using a creamy or milky cleanser formulated for sensitive skin type is better. I like to lessen my chance of getting irritations, so these type of cleansers actually never exacerbate my problem further. If you're like me, you'd be happy to know that Willow White Bark has a natural Salisylic Acid to help remove the dead skin cells as well while offering an anti-inflammatory properties.

Worth mentioning that Quandong Seed is a native fruit to Australia and it is one of the key ingredients in this cleanser. It is super rich in Vitamin C (contains higher Vit C than oranges), in which helps to repair and soothe the skin. The steam-distilled pure organic essential oil of Ylang Ylang, Orange and Lime lend their helping hands to improve blood circulation resulting in a radiant glow.

In addition to this, there are also Honey, Macadamia Nut, Shea Nut Butter and a number of wonderful plant oils. It's nice to know that the 'exfoliating' ingredients in this cleanser are balanced out by these butters and oils to create a non-stripping cleanser. Plus, we all know that oils are the best way to remove make-up without tugging the skin right? That's why this cleanser is excellent at effectively cleansing my everyday grimes and dirt. What's even more amazing is, it does not leave a single film as I wash it off. Nope. No hot cloth method necessary. Whether I'm in a rush or not, I can happily enjoy using it!




The scent is actually almost faint which is good. Despite the fact that it contains 'parfum' -in which explained that it is a vegetable based fragrance that is used as a preservative-, I find this cleanser as one of the most gentle I have ever used! The texture is accurately described as a sheer luxury milk cleanser, very easy to spread and massage onto the skin. You might find that when you pump it a week later, there is a very slight separation between the oil and the butters, but it is absolutely fine to use (just give it a little shake in the bottle). I am not sure if it has been keeping my skin clear, but I am 100% sure that it is one of the reasons why my skin has been looking calm and properly hydrated which thus.. leads to a clearer skin. The bottom-line is, this is my current favorite cleanser to use and easily be one of the best I have ever tried. Like I said before, choose a cleanser that will not strip your skin! I usually avoid using a clay-based every single day as I find that it is too purging for the skin that I have (I love my clay as a weekly treatment).

Get yours now from Flight Skincare website or Peachy Clean for $37 (AUD) @ 100ml.
Ingredients: aqua, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate - natural emulsifier from olives-, orange water, vegetable glycerine, decyl glucoside -natural fatty alcohol from coconuts-, *macadamia oil, *camellia oil, *shea nut butter, jojoba oil, coconut oil, *honey, *aloe leaf juice, *white willow bark extract, quandong seed, parfum -an organic preservative, naticide is a broad spectrum anti microbial vegetable based fragrance-, *avocado oil, goat's milk, vitamin E, *marula oil, xantham gum, carrageenan extract - seaweed -, orange oil, lime oil, ylang ylang oil

8 comments :

  1. Ylang ylang, orange, and lime?! I wish I could smell this stuff! There's really nothing like a citrus scented cleanser if you ask me, so uplifting and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent is actually really subtle, you can only smell a hint of ylang ylang + orange + lime but I agree with you. I love citrus scented cleanser as well, it definitely perks me up especially in the morning! There needs to be more cleanser smelling like citrus :)

      Delete
  2. This cleanser sounds so lovely! I like the idea of goat milk as an ingredient. I am tempted to try it except that I am obsessed with OLO Savior Balm at the moment and just want to keep using it because I enjoy it so much.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OLO savior balm is that good, eh? Tell me more! Do you still need a moisturizer afterwards? What's your skin type btw?

      I love love the presence of goat milk in this cleanser as well, that's what makes it so unique from everything else. It is my favorite I find it so gentle and cleanses quite well.

      Delete
    2. Yes it's that good Asti! I am trying to use up a few of my other cleansers so I have restricted myself to only using the Savior Balm at night. I always double cleanse, so I'll use the balm with OLO shammy followed by the OLO Easy Does It Foaming Cleanser.

      I then follow with one of my night time serums (either Yuli Cell Perfecto and Skin Fuel, MUN or Dr Alkaitis Nourishing Oil). If you have drier skin, you can also use a small amount of the OLO balm to moisturise. I have combination skin (sensitive/reactive with a tendency to be dehydrated).

      I am very fickle with products yet I think I will always have the Savior Balm in my collection. I like that the Flight cleanser is very reasonably priced considering the good ingredients.

      Yvonne

      Delete
    3. The only cleansing balm I have tried is the one by MOA, an Icelandic brand and it uses coconut oil too as the main ingredient. I actually used it a lot last summer (it's finished now) and liked the result. I will give OLO a try next time, it sounds like a very good cleansing balm. I love the ingredients. What happens if you don't follow with the foaming cleanser? Does your skin still like it?

      Great night time facial serums btw! thank you for sharing with me :)

      I agree with your comment on the Flight cleanser, the ingredients are really good but it is still somewhat affordable (considering we live in Australia where cosmetics are expensive!)

      Delete
  3. Super intrigued by the presence of goat's milk in the ingredients and I love how gentle the cleanser sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used goat's milk in the past for my body skin and I absolutely love the ingredient, so so soothing and excellent for dry skin. This cleanser is for all skin types though, it rinses easily without residue and all in all just wonderful!

      Delete