10/27/2013

Ilia Beauty Lipstick in Perfect Day

(Left To Right): Ilia Lipstick Perfect Day, RMS Lip Shine Sacred, Ilia Lip Conditioner Bang Bang

Click below to read more.. 


This month of October is a month in particular where you can go crazy with buying new lip colors. I can't help it! Ilia came out with 2 new colors that I LOVE (although I ended up buying Perfect Day only), RMS and its new lip2cheek shades in Diabolique and Beloved, and.. I finally gave in to my desire to try out Studio 78 Paris liquid lipstick. It's safe to say that I have a few blog posts coming up where I show you swatches of these. But may I say.. capturing real color on camera is the hardest thing if you don't have the right tools (?!?!?!?!). I ended up using the skylight at my apartment which is a good source BUT, it's still not a 100% accurate illustration. So, just a heads up! Enough ranting, lets move on to the review. 

I am in looove with Perfect Day color. Like the name suggests, I hope that by wearing this a good day will follow. It is described as a soft coral red that appears to have a slight orange tint to it, it is very pretty and it does remind me of Autumn leaves. How I miss that scrunching noises. I wouldn't recommend this color for people who have yellow tone on their skin though. The more accurate illustration of the color is on my hand below, you can see how it compares to Sacred and Bang Bang. There's definitely a striking difference where Sacred screams red-pink while Bang Bang is a modest sheer red. Perfect Day on the other hand, is more orange-y and looks like a muted red. If you're afraid of wearing bright coral, this one is soft and toned down. On my lips, it appears to look more peachy, but in reality, there's a tad more red tint to it. 

The only gripe I have about this is it doesn't feel as creamy as the other Ilia lipsticks. The color is still there as you can see, but it lacks that oomph and staying power of what lipsticks should have (the creamy texture and slight tackiness application is what glues the color to the lips, I feel). I thought it's a weather thing, but it's been rainy and cold in Australia and it looks like the texture holds it up well. The finish is more balmy rather than semi-matte and it is very moisturizing. I'm not sure if it's only a misprint or if Ilia has done this intentionally but the bottom of my tube says that Perfect Day is a tinted lip conditioner? The consistency is somewhere between their lipstick and their tinted lip conditioner, slightly creamy but more balmy than their usual lipstick formulation. Am I the only one? I am yet to hear from Ilia Beauty to hear their response on this. 

All in all, I am very in love with the color, however, I can only recommend it halfheartedly. The color washes out after a couple of drinks but saying that, at least it goes on very easy and is fairly pigmented upon first application. Maybe it's a personal preference but I am slightly disappointed with the texture mainly because it doesn't stay well on the lips. I think a tinted lip conditioner is a better description for this one.

There's also a review of Ilia's Perfect Day on True Beauty By Nature blog.. 

(Left to Right): Sacred, Perfect Day, Bang Bang

PS: Sorry for my unruly hair that doesn't look presentable! My hair is always on the frizzy side, and it's also because of the brush I use I think.. but whatever, I hope it doesn't distract you or make you want to crunch my hair. A good recommendation for a brush, anyone?

15 comments :

  1. Which one are you wearing in the picture? It's sooo pretty!

    Mayah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the color too! SO gorgeous, I want autumn (or spring) all year long! I'm wearing Ilia Perfect Day :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ana. I am in love with the color, so pretty! Pretty sure it would look super lovely on you as well!! :):)

      Delete
  3. Love this first pic of you!<3 Cuuutie!! :D Colour looks so good on you, i want it! :) And don't get me started on how hard it is to capture a real color...sometimes i'm just grrrrr! hehe :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jana, I think it would look really good on you too! You should get it, Ilia is stocked at Amazingy and I heard they've recently lowered their shipping price as well.

      Haha right?! The best feeling ever when you could finally get it right.

      Delete
  4. I love this colour on you! It warms to your complexion beautifully :)

    sonja
    lifeinblush.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonja, I love that I have a coral red now, didn't know that I could pull it off.

      Delete
  5. I have the other colour Lust for life also a tinted lip conditioner and find that the formula is different then the other conditioners and lipsticks that I have! And it also doesn't seem to leave a tint behind, so it is definetely not just you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! Thanks for sharing your experience. The colours are great, I wish the formulation was the same as other ones.

      Delete
  6. i love this lipstick, and im so glad you gave it to me as a birthday gift. i wear it everyday and the colours are great

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're adorable! Love the lipstick on you too :)

    ReplyDelete