10/02/2013

September Favorites: Skin Care & A Candle


This clearly pictures why I had never done monthly favorites before.. it's hard to choose only a few! Anyway, since I am a September baby, I thought I would start now. This month, I have probably tried a lot of teas, a particular candle and a lot of new skin care items so here they are: 

1. Soap and Paper Factory: Alice in Wonderland Candle in Petitgrain, Tomato Leaf & Geranium

I obsess for a lot of things.. I don't like perfumes but I adore candles. I grabbed this hidden gem from Urban Outfitters for $18! It is a soy wax with cotton wick and scented with all natural essential oils. I honestly did not know what to expect when I read the scent notes... Petitgrain, Tomato Leaf & Geranium? I usually don't like green scent, but it's time to have something other than Brownies, Chocolate and Vanilla -damn I love dessert that I even have to smell like it-. Luckily, I ended up loving it so much! It smells so clean and refreshing, especially in the kitchen after doing chores! It has that crisp green leaves fragrance of a fancy garden. 

2. May Lindstrom Skin The Blue Cocoon - Coming Soon - 

I won't reveal too much but this has saved my sensitive skin. I love The Dreamer Cream which is intended to heal and nourish my dry skin but Blue Cocoon is something more specific. It addresses my sensitive skin type too and the fact that I have been getting random dermatitis popping up on my arms and neck it has became the best soothing treatment I have ever received... And apparently, it smells like Blue Tansy.


You just cannot dedicate a better name for this cleanser, "Sheer Luxurious Milk Cleanser" is an appropriate name for this jewel. It stars Macadamia Nut to moisturize, Shea Nut Butter to revitalize, White Willow Bark as a salicylic acid, Goats milk to balance skin PH and Quandong Seed to brighten. I love this cleanser so much because I can use it day & night without any irritation. It leaves my skin baby-soft, not tight but also clean.

As for the exfoliator, I thought it was too scratchy at first but I ended up falling head over heels as I rinsed it off. It uses fine walnut seeds and soft jojoba beads (w.o the hard edges like they say) as the physical exfoliator. On top of that, it also contains many other healing ingredients such as Passionflower (full of amino acids and Vit. A), organic honey and a handful of healing oils so that your skin does not get stripped off while exfoliating. I like to leave this on for 2-3 minutes to absorb all the oil goodies and let the French White Clay does the purifying in its most gentle way. I use this 1-2x a week interchangeably with my Clean Dirt or whatever makes me sleep better at night. The result? My skin is effectively exfoliated and... surprisingly SO PLUMPED too! Normal, Dry or mature skin will appreciate this.

4. Brew Lip Balm

I don't know how to write a lengthy review on a lip balm but this is basically it. The creamiest lip balm I have ever tried. Tastes like myrrh too.

5. Seventh Tree Soap Rose + Cinnamon Body Oil 

I love how simple smelling this body oil is which is a straight-up Rose + Cinnamon. It wraps me up like a blanket, so warming and yet the Rose gives it a balance of sweetness. It is not heavy but not too light either. I like it before I sleep. You can directly note Seventh Tree Soap about this body oil if you are interested! 

6. SURFACE Citrus & Calendula Brightening Serum

A new Australian brand that already deserves all the hypes even though it's not even officially released yet. I have not used it all over my face, but instead, my eye area or wherever I would get fine lines. Honestly.. this stuff is fantastic. It smoothens out my eye area like no other but does not leave it tight. Beautiful gel-cream formula that smells like citrus!

7. Botani Rescu Treatment

New love. This stuff is effective whether it is for pimples about to raise or ones that are about to pop. Helps with blackheads as well.

8. La Bella Figura Daily Elements Defense Facial Oil

When does La Bella Figura's product not ever come up with a list of amazing sounding ingredients? What a beauty. This is my first LBF product and I am looking forward for more. The texture is very slippery, good for massaging as it is not too dense and something about Jasmine that is just so relaxing. I like that I can mix this with my cream or foundation to add an extra anti-oxidant boost. Sometimes, I even come home and this is the first thing that I slather on my face, so so soothing.



Tea Cup by Ken Hank
FineArt America
Ah, that was long. I promise next time, this monthly favorite will be shorter. I would also like to declare my love for Lemon + Ginger tea that I have been drinking everyday!

Hope you are awesome! Keep calm and drink tea.



14 comments :

  1. great post! I liked reading about all your favourites, there's no need to shorten them for next month's post, heh.

    what lemon ginger tea do you drink? it sounds delicious!

    - widdershins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Hahaha I could not fit my make-up + random favorites (otherwise will be too long) so I'm separating it into two parts which will be up tomorrow or the next day.

      I am not sure what the brand was, I have to get home and check it out for you. But I believe, any brand will taste as good. Lemon + Ginger with honey is the bomb. You can make your own too if you're not lazy like me hee :).

      Delete
    2. Just checked, my one is from nerada organics.

      Delete
  2. Lovely favourites! Will have to keep a note of these as they sound fab. At the moment I'm loving Pukka's Detox tea as it has a little sweetness to it which I like in the slightly colder weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meeta! I've been looking more into Australian skincare brands. I love Pukka's Detox Tea!! I only got a tea bag sample from SBL but now a local store nearby stocks it so happy! There is my favorite Cardamom in there.

      Delete
  3. Loved reading your favorites! I'm so intrigued by May Lindstrom's Blue Cocoon...is it a facial mask or just a cream? Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu, love reading yours too actually! Yes yes The Blue Cocoon is one of a kind product. It's a facial cream that not only to hydrate, but it becomes as a soothing treatment for my irritated skin. I love to use it when my skin is on the more irritated side, I believe the new balm version is much more potent and rich so I think it is more hydrating as well. I find that this cream, won't hydrate as much in comparison to The Dreamer (which was my BeSpoke cream product).

      Delete
  4. Great post:) You know that I just tried lemon and ginger tea earlier and I just can't drink it :( When i was young i was often sick when driving in cars and buses and my nausea tablets had ginger in them so ginger is kinda no go for me..:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jana.

      Can you not drink lemon and ginger tea because how it relates to your ginger tablets? :) Haha that's so funny because I had that kind of nuisance too when I was small. It was when I was drinking milkshake in the car and then got so sick so whenever I drink milkshake, I always relate it to my bad experience so I just could never drink it! (which is a good thing!!)

      Delete
    2. Yes, unfortunately.. :) Hihi yours is way better than mine because ginger is really healthy :) Oh well what can you do :D

      Delete
  5. Loved this list! How does the Flight Polish compare to Acure's Brightening Scrub? I wish I could try all of these European and Aussie brands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am loving this list too. I must say that Acure is definitely scrubbier because it contains lots of those scrubby bits and creates only a slight foam. Flight Polish in comparison, while it is a very good scrub (contains walnut seeds and jojoba beads) is a creamy exfoliator that makes it more gentle but still effective. I definitely love Flight more because of that and I am loving the plumping effect and the oils and butters contained. Rather than totally scrubbed, my skin is feeling hydrated too!! :) Hope you get the chance to try your favorite Australian brands someday <3 glad that Flight has piqued your interest, it is an awesome one! Just to let you know, Peachy Clean ships worldwide although I am not quiet sure how much.

      Delete
  6. Fab post! I want everything. All sound amazing products x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I purchase the May Lindstrom Dreamer Cream.

    ReplyDelete