10/24/2013

What's in my gym / swimming bag


I'm one that is super fickle about my routine, especially when it comes to doing work out or sport. To be committed, I have to stick to a written up schedule or follow this Ipad app (it's good!) that constantly reminds me if I haven't done anything for the day. It beeps like an annoying alarm really, so I cannot ignore it. Lately, my friends and I have been obsessed with going to Melbourne's Public Bath, it's nothing sort of special but we are just loving taking advantage of their swimming, jacuzzi and sauna facilities. Plus, it's located in the CBD, grabbing a quick healthy eat or drink afterwards is heaven. 

I thought I would show you what my beauty essentials are, whether it is going to the gym or just swimming: 

After all the sweating (if you're gymming), I air-dry myself first.. consume the wait-time to have conversations with anyone.., but if I go swimming I just hop in a warm shower right away. I cleanse my body and hair with Dr. Bronner's Castille Soap in Almond, but a refreshing alternative is also the Mint one as it gives a nice tingly refreshing feeling but it reminds me of toothpaste. Besides, the scent of Almond is nutty and sweet which I really like. What I love about Dr. Bronner's Castille Soap is that it creates a very nice lather (not too much like your normal sulfate soap/shampoo) to cleanse my body and also enough for my hair. Then, I condition my hair with Rahua Conditioner in its original formula. Gosh, this conditioner is really amazing! I love how my hair falls nicely whenever I use this. The ends of my hair were so brittle one day and this stuff makes my them feel so renewed! Plus, it is scented with Palo Santo essential oil, which I think kind of smells like a motor oil, it's my guilty addiction. Since that doesn't sound elegant, I would describe it as a smoky, herbaceous scent that has a menthol / air-clearing quality to it, I love it! Btw, if you're wondering why I choose to not bring my Rahua Original Shampoo is because I don't rely on it after a heavy work-out. It doesn't provide me enough lather to cleanse unlike its Volumizing shampoo that I am unfortunately sensitive to. 

After all the cleansing is done, and as much as I dislike it, turning the warm water to cold water feels.. pleasant. There are many health benefits for this such as easing and improving blood circulation being the most beneficial one. Why I love it though, it provides a surge of relief whether it is to any tension on my body or emotionally. Especially when I feel slightly tired or aching, this is my favorite counteraction for that. 

Moving on to the face, my skin tends go feel very tight after showering so let alone swimming (the chlorine!). After swimming, I like to just thoroughly wash my face gently using my fingertips whereas if I sweat a lot, I would wash it with Dr. Bronner soap quickly. I then pat dry and towel up. I hydrate everywhere with my Tata Harper Hydrating Mist that smells like a field of flowers, and then I apply my May Lindstrom's The Dreamer cream/balm on my face. This cream, I truly love, because not only it smells like chocolate but it is the most nourishing balm/cream I have ever tried. It also leaves a very nice sheen that makes my face looks a bit glowy without greasiness. I share this with a friend, and she is totally awed by the scent too! 

Then, I body-oiling with Lina Hanson Global Body Serum* which smells like a straight-up Vanilla + Grapefruit. To be honest, it can be too sweet for my liking, but I really like the lightweight texture of it. I brought this because I love the sample size, perfect for travelling. However, I was taken by a surprise because when I used this.. I felt absolutely REFRESHED. It felt like I'd been misting myself with a feel-good body mist, I instantly felt chilled, uplifted, and energized again!  My friend who used this too said the same thing! Totally an unexpected benefit for me. 

Lastly, when it comes to make up, blushes is my second love after lip colors. I recently purchased Revolution Organic balm in Blushed and fell in love with the fuschia color instantly, it is fantastic! It manages to be quite sheer but still gives my lips and cheeks a punch of color too with a hint of shimmer.


*Thanks Lina, for the generous sample! 

7 comments :

  1. Ohhh you have one of the new May Lindstrom goodies, lucky thing! I have to say your activeness makes me feel very idle indeed. You've made me want to try all of these products! Although I'm already a loyal follower of Dr.Bronner ;)

    Mayah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dreamer is a BeSpoke product, she will customize it for you. Love the way it smells and feels.

      Haha! I'm actually not THAT active, I probably have made myself sound like one :p. These goodies are fantastic, Revolution Organic is my most recent addition and I freaking love it. We are all loyal followers of Dr. Bronner, that stuff is just goooooooooooooood.

      Delete
  2. I love nosing in people's bags and your gym bag is full of gorgeous goodies! Lovely post Asti Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection! I'd love to try the Tata Harper, May Lindstrom and Lina Hanson x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all lovely lovely stuff. I think you will really like them! Thanks for dropping By!

      Delete
  4. Great selection! I love swimming for exercise so really enjoyed this post. The Rahua conditioner sounds amazing and I love using the minty Dr Bronner's soap in the morning, I feel so refreshed! xx

    ReplyDelete