11/30/2013

Brand Spotlight: The Little Alchemist


When it comes to The Little Alchemist, it's not only the look and ingredients that appeal, Natalie, the creator of the brand is so kind and generous when it comes to sharing her knowledge through our exchange in e-mails. There is a little sunscreen recipe that she generously gave away and I'm planning to experiment on it. I thought I would give this brand the limelight it deserves because these points mentioned above are what set this brand apart from others. Although it focuses on mainly anti-ageing, some products seem to cater to most skin types. Note: trial size is available at a reasonable price, e-mail Natalie! 

So what do I find interesting? 


Like I said before, this brand has its focus on anti-ageing, tell me how many natural and organic skin care does that (apart from Tata Harper)? Some products probably do say they are made for mature skin but The Little Alchemist takes a step further: Coheliss Bio, D'Orientis S, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate and Colhibin. Sound synthetic? Actually not, they are all naturally derived ingredients except for the Vitamin C. Here is a quick recap you might find useful: 

Coheliss Bio is rich in Arabinoxylans found in Organic Rye. It is beneficial to firm, lift and smooth the skin. It does so by relaxing any tensed skin thus reducing fine lines while toning the skin. EcoCert Certified. Found in Ageing Defense Complex & Anti-Ageing Eye complex. 

D'Orientis S extracts the 7 actives that are found in Date-Palm Kernel. It has been clinically proven to protect the skin from environmental stressors (ie: free radicals) that lead to aging. This ingredient will help to significantly decrease skin wrinkles, slows down ageing process, increase type 1 collagen synthesis and skin's natural defense. EcoCert certified. Tata Harper also uses a similar date palm extract from France. Found in Ultra C Radiance Serum. 

Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is one of the many stable form of Vitamin C and is soluble in oil. The brand's preference over other Vitamin C (such as Asorbic Acid) is also because it is less irritating and does not exfoliate the skin. Apart from its skin brightening properties, it also protects the skin from UV light while boosting collagen synthesis and feeding skin with lots of antioxidant. This form of Vitamin C is the same one used in Odacite's Autumn of The World. Found in Ultra C Radiance Serum. 

Colhibin is a pure rice-derived peptide that is used to prevent premature aging caused by the damaging UV light. Colhibin will help the skin to regain its elasticity, smooth out wrinkles and moisturize the skin. Found in Anti-Ageing Complex & Eye Complex. 

Ready to try? 

Here are my top picks! (while it's 20% off with the code BLACK)


The Wild Apple & Mint is your go-to cleanser if you have normal to oily/combination skin (I have normal to dry!). I was resistant to the idea of using a gel cleanser, but I tried it anyway. It took me by a surprise because this gel cleanser glides like silk and does not dry out my skin at all! AT ALL. Natalie reassures me that gel cleanser is her favorite so she must have formulated this for most skin types to be able to use. Don't be scared to try it, I use this when my make-up is a bit heavy or on my sweaty days as it provides an enzyme exfoliation from Pineapple. The scent is oh so invigorating: orange, apple and mint! They also have Papaya, Geranium & Lime cleansing milk for drier and more sensitive skin type. 

Anti-Ageing Defense Complex is actually a creamy serum and moisturizer all at once. It is a tad bit too heavy for my skin, but I really NEED to get it out there because the ingredients are amazing and I'm sure many will adore. This one contains Rye extract and Rice-derived peptide that has superb anti-ageing properties. Need more punch? Co Enzyme Q10 and superfood such as Acai, Goji and Gotu Kola are included. Contains my favorite plant oils: Camellia, Argan and Rosehip. 

Ultra C Radiance Serum does not only hydrate, but also brighten and even out skin, much-needed to correct hyper-pigmentation, loss of elasticity, wrinkles and dryness. Again, impressive key ingredients: Vitamin C, Date Seed, Argan & Rosehip, Co Enzyme Q10, Squaline (olive), Vitamin A (Retinol), Goji Berry & Acerolea Fruit (Vitamin C!), Coconut Fruit, Acai, Wheatgrass and Gotu Kola. Now I know what my next purchase is! This has been the most reviewed product on the site so go have a read.


Apart from skin care, the brand also offers a line of roller-ball perfumes and since we're all crazy for Jasmine nowadays (thanks to La Bella Figura, May Lindstrom, Kimberly and Marcella for getting me on board), I feature here is a blend of Jasmine and Mint but of course there is more depth to it. Notes are: Silican Bergamot, Blood Orange, Wild Mint, blend of 3 Jasmines, Tahitian, Madagascan Vanilla & Tonka Bean. Reads like a spring holiday for me! Also available in Lotus Flower, Passionfruit & Lime, Turkish Rose & Cardamom and White Tea

Lastly, you know how I feel about chocolate, don't you?! Of course I will include Chocolate Truffle Body Butter in here. Also available in the scent Passionfruit & Lime, Vanilla & Wild Orange and White Tea. Healthy dessert for your skin!



Now, get your holiday presents for yourself or your friends and family with these Little Alchemist goodies. Shipping is $10 AU and free over $150, to the US starts from $15, and UK is flat $25. Code ends 1st of December Australian time! 

1 comment :

  1. I haven't tried this brand before but the products sound amazing! I'm dying to try the Cocoa and Banana glow mask now! Love the packaging too :) x

    ReplyDelete