3/04/2014

February-March Haul

This is a collective haul, but still.. I might or might not have done so much damage to my own wallet. 

David Jones, Priceline & Aunt Maggie


Antipodes.. Antipodes.. Antipodes and I have got something going on. You might not be able to tell because I haven't been blogging much except for their day cream which I raved for being my favorite moisturizer of 2013. David Jones at Malvern Central is currently offering buy 2 get 1 free (+Joyful Hand & Body Creme too) until stocks last. 

The eye cream is rich in Vitamin C which hopefully will bring back life to my tired eye area and the hydrating serum is a water-charged, 'oil'free' and skin-plumping for dehydrated (water-deprived) skin. I'm not sure why my skin has been craving for so much TLC lately, is it the 8-hr jet-lagged or is it my skin missing the Clean Dirt? 

Worth mentioning that Delight and Joyful hand & body cream smell orgasmic.. (I wouldn't use this word unless needed). If you know me well, I love gourmet scent on my body so I gotta bow down to Antipodes who has made these two creams smell so edible. Both of them are fruity but possess a balanced sensual floral note. I would say Delight is a more mature sister of Joyful because of its stronger note of Gardenia. They are reminiscent of a bright and cheerful spring picnic in the garden at a long wooden table with some good wine, cripsy juicy apples and lovely companions. My imagination is always on the roll when I use these two body creams. 

I am guilty of still being a fan of 'generic' cosmetic brand such as The Balm but it is just so nostalgic to me. My purchase is their stain blush called Pinstripe, a plummy shade with tiny golden speckles and also their Anti-Wrinkle Concealer in Medium - Dark. Pinstripe is a jaw-dropping color, so unique and pretty and the creamy concealer covers really well and does not crease or settle into fine lines. Mine don't contain Paraben but I notice another version does? Here are the full listed ingredients if you're wondering (for mine): Concealer & Blush.

The two other products that I got was also Almay smoky eyeshadow for brown eyes because of that bronze and lilac shades oooh! I have also been loving a 100% neroli floral water from Aunt Maggie's. 

Iherb



Lastly, I bought myself some Real Technique brushes (not pictured) and Deep Steep is also a brand that my love is slowly developing for.. Cherry & Almond scent is their newest release. It is so difficult to find cherry-scented body products so thank goodness Deep Steep came to the rescue. The Almond is a bit heavier than I'd like it to be, I only wish it is slightly more fruity with the cherry but still so good nonetheless (and doesn't smell like cough syrup). One more thing that I purchased is Acure Cleansing Gel, I really want to try it out since I love their Argan + Mint Cream Cleanser.


Are you guilty of haul-ing like me too? I seriously would want to know what products you've been excited to discover so far.

And what about some afternoon chill?

15 comments :

  1. Ooh nice purchases I love Antipodes & Deep Steep :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I jumped on the bandwagon partly because of you :)

      Delete
  2. Great haul, I lovee that Acure cleanser!<3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's been nice so far - so refreshing! What's your no.1 cleanser from Iherb?

      Delete
    2. I'd have to go with this one :) It removes my makeup, doesn't sting my eyes and like you said, it's nice and refreshing :)

      Delete
  3. Nice haul! I love the scent of Antipodes products - they are heavenly. I've been a bit cleanser crazy of late and hauled several within a short space of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antipodes always has this sweet scent that is not overly sickly.

      Haha, tell me about it. I'm fanatic about cleansers too although I try to stick back to basic nowadays :)

      Delete
  4. What a great haul! I have felt the same about The Balm products, they have such cute packaging and are nice to use. Antipodes is on my list to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and once you try Antipodes I hope you will love it as much as I do. I think it's available at Embody if you're in the US

      The Balm is my guilty pleasure, I love that the packaging is collectibles.

      Delete
  5. Lovely bunch of products!!!!! Antipodes is a wonderful brand! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrey. Which Antipodes products are your favorites?

      Delete
  6. What an amazing haul! Jealous of your antipodes creams! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antipodes is my favorite daily skin care brand currently ;)

      Delete
  7. I loved the Antipodes Joyful hand and body cream. I agree that the smell is wonderful. I considered repurchasing it but I have been loving using body oils for a while now. At the moment my collection consists of body oils from Osmia, Kahina, Lina Hanson and some generic ones (grapeseed and coconut oil).

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the scents from both Joyful and Grace (have you tried Grace?! I might love it even more than Joyful).Very cool collection, Yvonne!! Oooh and The Little Alchemist is coming up with a body oil that I think you will LOVE! Hopefully they will release it soon, if you love the Lina Hanson one you will like this I think :)

      Delete