3/14/2014

Too Sweet To Bathe in Candy?

I freaking love this body wash with a passion. I never find anything THAT special in a body wash except for one that is my ex-beloved shower cream, Palmer's Cocoa Butter. Sadly I had to part away, smells great and feels great on the skin.. you know how I feel about Cacao, Cocoa, Chocolate or anything in that matter, don't you? I have finally found the same spark I got like when I was using Palmer's Cocoa Butter.. Oh Andalou Gel Douche.



The scent is totally not something that I thought would be in my alley, but dang.. this one smells like a melted orange milky candy. Seriously decadent that I feel like you're supposed to feel GUILTY to shower with this.

It is not a gel and not a cream, somewhere in between. Even though it is creamy, it creates such a rich foam which I miss sometimes. I can rely on this whether it be after a heavy sweating or not and it won't clog my pores (I have experienced it in the past). The problem I find with 'natural' body cleansing products are that it either leaves a film or feels a bit stripping on my skin. This does neither of that. If you find yourself missing something from Philosophy's line of yummy scents for example.. I think this will satisfy you.

Ingredients: Aloe Vera Juice*, Sodium Decylglucosides Hydroxypropylsufonate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Vegetable Glycerin, Fruit Stem Cells (Malus Domestisica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Mandarin and Vanilla extracts*, Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol), Evening Primrose Oil*, Rooibos Extract*, Apricot Oil, Guar Gum*, Allantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Orange Oil*
*Organic



I'm curious, what kind of scent from 'conventional' product do you miss in the green beauty world? I kind of miss that fresh-smelling laundry scent that makes you think of the color WHITE (not lavender), melon-cucumber scent and cotton candy... 

10 comments :

  1. So funny, I was actually just sniffing this in a store the other day! It didn't make it home with me - only because of how much body wash I knew I already had sitting here - but maybe next time :)

    Have you tried Deep Steep's Honeydew Spearmint scent? No cucumber, but it's pretty melony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of Honeydew Spearmint while I was browsing IHerb. I will try that next time, thank you for reminding :).

      Delete
  2. Nice post! I actuall don't miss too much...apart maybe from the "milk" scent of some classical shower gels.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know what you mean by "milk" scent, love that too. I think it's more of a nostalgic scent for me :)

      Delete
  3. I've yet to try anything from Andalou Naturals, I noticed Caitie mention Deep Steep, those are my favourites for fruity scents
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your love for Deep Steep ;), I'm going to try Honeydew Spearmint next time (it's actually one of the few scents that I've been eye-ing on as well).

      This is my first Andalou Naturals product actually. I think some of their face care line contain phenoxyethanol which make some people think twice. But I will try their hair care next time, maybe?

      Delete
  4. I'll definitely try it! I had one of their body lotions and I loved it :) If I'm not mistaken their body butter also contain phenoxyethanol so that's a bummer :( Ooh and I mustn't forget about the amazing glycolic mask!!<3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check the review of Glycolic mask on your blog! Is it the pumpkin one? I think Britanie reviewed and loved it too! Definitely will try it out someday. Thanks for the suggestion

      Delete
  5. I had to read your post based on the title... good post!

    ReplyDelete