7/25/2014

ED4OLO Vitamin C Body Oil

I'm a little late to the ED4OLO party but it's better late than never in this case. I was pleasantly blown away by the sweet experience I had with most of their skincare products and eager to try more. This summer, they released a body oil that promises to deliver an intense hydration with its dense serum-oil facial grade ingredients, but for the body! It smells like their famous oil cleanser, so I just have to try.



If you have been following ED4OLO, you will be accustomed to its fresh and playful pinacolada/pineapple scent of the oil cleanser. Many of their customers, wanted this "tropical gateaway in a bottle", to be turned into a proper body scent they can wear all day. In fact, the whole line of One Love Organics has this distinctive feminine and yet child-like personality to it, you can't help but feel smitten. For that reason, you will absolutely be eager to try this body oil because the scent alone is a nice steer from the herbal / kitchen scent you typically find in our green-natural products. I find the scent to linger on my skin subtly for half a day and it also adds a nice sweet depth to whatever perfume I'm wearing on that day.


The texture is an oil meets dense milky serum that does not take awhile to sink in, only if I intend to apply this right out of the shower - skin slightly warm and damp or wet if you wish. When applied to fully towel-ed skin, I find it a little bit harder to penetrate just because it is richer than my usual body oil. I have dehydrated scaly skin on my arms and my legs and this nicely smooths them out although it still does not keep away those crocodile bumps on my arms - I really need to physically exfoliate that regularly. So while it is not a godsend product for me (as it claims to brighten and exfoliate), my dehydrated skin drinks it up leaving it soft, supple and naturally glowy too. I'm not sure about the even-tone, although I notice it but it's hard to tell a difference since I don't particularly pay much attention to my body skin. I feel that when my skin is properly hydrated, the way the light shines on my skin, the moisture will magically make my skin look even.



The moisturizing powerhouse is definitely the simple and yet effective base of this body oil. Shea Oil and Shea Butter are so highly moisturizing and derived from West African countries to thoroughly nourish their dry, dehydrated and sensitive skin affected by extreme hot and dry weather condition. The good ol' olive oil further nourishes skin with its high content of Vitamin E. Vitamin C ester and papaya enzymes will gently exfoliate for smooth, dewy and even-toned skin. And my favorite is Camellia oil which is super rich in fatty acids to combat dry skin (you rarely throw that stuff in a body oil!).

Ingredients: shea oil*, shea butter, sunflower seed oil*, hydrogenated olive oil, olive oil, unsaponifiables olive oil, papaya seed oil, camellia oil*, vitamin c-ester, vitamin e, proprietary natural & organic fragrance.


I think your skin will appreciate the much-needed moisture that ED4OLO body oil can provide. Like I said, I don't think I saw a difference in its even-toning and brightening properties but that's only because my body skin is not as problematic as my face so it's difficult to tell a difference. I will definitely be buying this again seasonally because I just know I will crave for this delicious cheerful scent when summer or spring comes. The thick dense texture might be up your alley too if you need to give your skin an instant moisture! Size is the same bottle as the cleansing oil, 120 ml for $58. I bought mine from Epic Beauty Bar.

PS: I have tried their oil cleanser, toner and vitamin C facial serum and can only say good things as well about those! I will be writing reviews about them in the future.



Have you tried this and what are your thoughts?

11 comments :

  1. Hey Asti,

    Great to see you are posting on your blog again! I absolutely love this body oil - I've already bought a back-up and I haven't even reached 1/3 way through my current bottle. Love the smell and texture. My other favourite from this line is the Vitamin D mist, which is my all time favourite facial spray.

    Cheers,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Yvonne,

      I have truly missed connecting with you and others, I have been so inspired and have many posts being lined up. I'm glad to hear that you are loving this body oil! The smell and texture are unique :) the thick texture is perfect for all season. We are totally on the same page here, I love the Vitamin D mist as well! Especially to set my dry foundation such as Kjaer Weis or any powder foundation. So pretty and dewy!! It's a very nice hydrator throughout the day too.

      I'm really happy to see you commenting Yvonne. Thank you so much for always visiting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. xo

      I really missed connecting with all of you!

      Delete
  3. I was THIS CLOSE to picking this up when OLO was on HauteLook last week, but I restrained myself. Now I kinda wish I hadn't, it sounds gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitie! It is gorgeous, I really like it because it is rich, thick and just smells soo fruity! It claims to be a body skin treatment too, so while it did hurt my wallet to try, I thoroughly enjoyed using this up. I hope you get a chance to get it in the future!

      Delete
  4. Glad to see more post from you! I also almost got it on HauteLook too coz of the sale, but I really didn't *need* so I passed. Would love to pick it up in future, I loooove the pineapple scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ru! Thank you for the warm welcome back. The Pineapple scent is quite delicious, isn't it? I hope you get a chance to try it in the future. Would love to hear what you think of it.

      Delete
  5. Hey girl!

    LOVE the new look of your blog. I agree with everything you've said--sinks in easily after a shower (and you can use so much less!) and while it makes my skin soft, it's not enough for my crocodile legs either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you so much for the shoot-out on the revamped design layout (kudos to the designer really!). Glad to hear that you are liking this too although there is no fast-fix for scaly skin eh.

      Delete
  6. This sounds divine! Thanks for a great review. It's on my wishlist x

    ReplyDelete