7/15/2014

My First Dive Into Indah Organics

Indah Organics is a dive into tropical goodness somewhere in Bali overlooking deep into the vast Indian ocean. I imagine myself being transported in the calmness of Ubud while immersing myself in the richness of traditional beauty treatments that Bali has to offer. It's true that scent triggers memories, luckily, Teisha who is an Australian model as well as a health & well-being coach at Queen Coco, has almost captured this moment perfectly for me.




Firstly though, I urge you to try her hand-pressed extra virgin coconut oil. It is seriously the best one I have ever tried in terms of flavor and purity. I don't know if the hand-pressing method makes a huge difference because if not, Bali must be the source of this best-tasting coconut flesh ever landed on my taste buds. If you like a bolder taste of coconut, absolutely give this a try. I solely use it for my daily intake because the flavour is that gooood!


Now let's jump onto the product reviews.

Paradise Hand & Body Balm ($29)


soft like butter texture in a warm weather. but be careful when bringing this to travel during summer - might melt and leak. 
Photo Credit: Backyard Travel
I instantly gravitated towards Paradise because of its scent, Ginger and Geranium which creates a grounding scent that is a bit spicy but tropical and floral at the same time. Both aroma is especially helpful to alleviate nausea and mood swings that is associated with PMS and its as wonderfully energizing and balancing to the mind and body. When incorporated into a hydrating soft and creamy balm formula, Ginger and Geranium are known to reduce inflammation and irritation from dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis.

I love to use this on my hands and feet after washing so that they are soft and supple. You might be scared to try this out because there is a number of warm spices listed, but I think the Lemongrass & Lemon gives it a sweet-sour balance while the Peppermint and Vetiver lends its menthol and balsamic quality. The scent is best experienced after a morning shower or a bath during sunset because it is gorgeously refreshing. It's like sipping on my favorite honey, lemon and ginger drink!

Ingredients: Coconut oil, Virgin Coconut oil, Cocoa Butter, Beeswax*, Pure essential oils of Lemongrass, Peppermint, Vetiver, Lemon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Geranium. 




Perfume Balms 


in-love has a more firm texture in comparison to zen (summer weather). No worries, will soften with the melt from your finger! The perfume balms stay on more during winter (3-5 hrs) and less during the summer. Scent leans more towards aromatherapy products, not over-powering but less perfume-y. 
Perfect pouch size in a tin packaging


In Love Perfume Balm ($24)


Photo Credit: Bali Wedding Blog
Did you know that Ylang Ylang is one of the aphrodisiac notes used in aromatherapy to induce sexual desire just like Roses and Jasmine? Sometimes, their pretty yellow petals are used to decorate the bed on a newlywed's bed in Bali. This newly released perfume balm is intended by Teisha to capture the scent of her intimate moments full of joy and happiness to celebrate the year of her wedding. Ylang Ylang is definitely not for everybody because of its heady floral and yet musky aroma - it is hard to not catch the scent. But if you love it, it is known to free you from stress, anger and anxiety. Apart from its prominent aromatherapy benefit, it lends its antiseptic ability to treat insect bites, scrapes and cuts.

I have to admit, I just grew to appreciate the scent of Ylang Ylang alone and I love it now. In-Love becomes one of my favorite smelling things to date! "Top notes include Ylang Ylang and Rose followed by Geranium, Rosemary and Orange in its heart, finishing off with sensual vetiver and Australian Sandalwood". For someone who always steers into sweet and spicy dessert as perfume, this is a big refreshing change for me when I want to smell fresh and floral. The woody base prevents the floral notes to overtake and the middle notes keep everything smelling oriental and fresh. I apply this to my pulse points as a perfume scent but I also like to do it the Tata-Harper way, applying it on the tip of my fingers and take 5 deep breathes before I head out to release stress and anxiety. The scent makes me feel pretty as well.

Ingredients: Castor oil*, Coconut oil*, Beeswax*, Shea Butter*, Avocado Oil*, Egyptian Geranium Oil*, Petitgrain Oil*, Ylang Ylang Oil*, Sandalwood Oil*, Vetiver Root Oil*, Rosemary Leaf Oil*, Orange Peel Oil*, Rose Oil*. 


Zen Perfume Balm ($24)

Photo Credit: Indonesia'd
Call me an old soul for liking the scent of Ginger, Cardamom and Frankincense (my mom calls me that everytime she enters my room) but these warm, grounding, spicy scent ignite peace and harmony within you. Just like any other Indah products, all of the scent qualities promote relaxation and it only depends on your preference to choose what works for you. Zen is definitely a spicy and woody take to help you unwind. It falls under the same family as Ginger and is also effective to reduce PMS symptoms whether it be nausea or menstrual cramps (I like to apply right under the belly). Just like Ginger and Cardamom, Frankincense also contains similar property to benefit your mind and soul and many believes it would strengthen the heart and removes forgetfulness :).

Teisha designs this perfume to assist with yoga and meditation. Feel free to re-apply when you want to make peace within yourself to feel serene (we deserve it!). I apply this to my pulse points as well before I sleep, study, stretch or anytime when I want to have a personal moment.

Ingredient: Virgin Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, Beeswax, Pure Essential oils of Nutmeg, Ginger, Fennel, Cardamom, Clove Bud, Cinnamon, Frankincense. 


I purchased mine from Peachy Clean and took advantage of buy 2 & get a free hand & body balm deal. But you can get them too from Indah Organics, my favorite I Am Natural Store and Apothecary Store. Australian product, 100% natural and organic, cruelty-free, gives back to Orang Utan Survival in Borneo!

8 comments :

  1. This line sounds wonderful. I am not the biggest fan of ylang ylang, I used to love it. But now it just seems too strong and overpowering. The zen perfume sounds pretty awesome though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy! I understand how Ylang Ylang might not be in everybody's alley -either love or hate it scent?. Its somewhat floral yet musky scent can be too overpowering indeed, but have you tried it in May's Good Stuff? That blend has a perfect balance of everything :)

      I loooooove the Zen, I use it everyday! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous post! I've always been intrgued by Indah because I really love balms, and it looks like those are olfactory delights ;) I'm definitely going to give it a go at some point. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, Indah is almost everything I could have asked for. It is the epitome of 100% natural product that makes me feel so good!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! Loving your new page :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jana for the lovely word!

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful, thank you for taking the time out to review our collection…Enjoy, Love the INDAH team xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! thank you for creating such honest products!

      Delete