7/28/2014

Soft White Gentle Face Polish

Are you looking for an effective creamy exfoliator that is a bit gentle but still effective to get rid of dead skin cells? Creamy and yet buffing + effective and yet soothing? If so, this exfoliator by Flight Skincare might be the answer you are looking for. Enriched with the nourishing Macadamia Oil, Passionflower that is high in Vitamin C and very finely crushed walnut and rounded jojoba beads to exfoliate, you will reveal a smooth and maybe an even brighter complexion too. 





As you may all know, exfoliator is a must in my skincare routine because of my congested skin but generally, you need it anyway no matter what your skin type is. Often during hormonal period, my skin is more sensitive and also slightly flaky but I want to still have something to exfoliate with apart from my beloved Clean Dirt (I would stay away from spices if skin is flaky, it hurts!) or something more pampering than a simple flannel cloth. That means no spices, no scrubby gritty addiction, but not too pillow-y either. 

Flight's face polish incorporates 'walnut dusts' and gentle round jojoba beads to buff away those dead skin cells. Although the walnut is very finely grounded, you still have to be careful of it being too abrasive on very reactive/sensitive skin. I was afraid to find it scratchy at first, but it turns out to be absolutely gentle on my skin leaving it super smooth and soft. I hardly apply any pressure when exfoliating with this and just let it do its own job effortlessly with the help of the gentle circular motions of my hands. 

What's more to love is the creamy texture that is just full of soothing ingredients, my skin feels so renewed and fresh without any greasiness left behind. The idea of physical buffers and the addition of purifying french white clay in creamy goodness is somewhat appealing and balancing. There's the rich and luxurious camellia and marula oil that your dry or mature skin will love, to the good ol' avocado, jojoba and coconut oil to nurture thirsty skin. Shea nut butter also creates that 'heaviness' (in a good term!) of this cream and also honey which is full of beneficial enzymes to purify and heal. So why not leave this on for about 10 minutes or longer? I like to do this because it really softens and plumps my skin. 

Available from Flight Skincare, Peachy Clean and Apothecary Store for $52 120ml (big jar!). Can I just remind you how much I love Flight's Sheer Luxury Milky Cleanser and Camellia Facial Treatment? I still use the oil and NEED to stock up on that milky cleanser when I'm back. Flight also has a 10-day treatment sample kit at $29.95 including $10 voucher for future purchases! 


Ingredients: water, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, french white clay, rose water, vegetable glycerine, macadamia oil*, camellia oil*, jojoba beads, ground walnut, shea nut butter*, jojoba oil, coconut oil*, passionflower extract*, organic honey*, aloe vera, parfum (vanilla & almond), sorbitol, avocado oil*, vitamin E, marula oil*, xantham gum, carrageenan extract**, fragonia oil, lime oil.  *certified organic, **wild harvested   


How do you care for your sensitive skin when it comes to special pampering? What are your favorite treatment products that are gentle? 

4 comments :

  1. This sounds so lovely! Going to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asti,

    Since you first reviewed the brand, Flight Skincare has been on my radar (sorry, lousy pun). However, I am hesitant to try this product because of the walnut dusts - not sure it is necessary considering it already has jojoba beads.

    I never liked manual scrubs until I went green with my skincare. Years of using acids caused my skin to become sensitised and dehydrated. Now I use and love Pai's Kukui and Jojoba Exfoliator. Have you tried it?

    Cheers,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne,

      I have the same thought as you about why walnut dusts and jojoba beads. I don't have an answer, but I think this product wants to be a cross of gentle and deep-cleansing. It's hard to explain because I don't have anything to compare it too as it's my first time using an exfoliator containing walnuts, but it really reminds me of Kora Organics' cream exfoliator which you may try at David Jones. The creaminess and abrasiveness is slightly similar.

      Yes, I have tried Pai's kukui exfoliator. However, I needed something more to address my rough-texture and congested-prone skin. I'm not sure if it was just my sample pots, but I found the jojoba beads too little in ratio to the gel. It did brighten up my complexion though but it was just not enough for me to splurge on the full size.I'm not surprised Pai exfoliator is making your skin happy :). The gel-to-milk texture is quite unique, leaves skin moisturized and comforted.

      Delete