9/16/2014

My Signature Spring Look

More like winter/spring/crazy moody weather, am I right? Any Melburnian out there? Anyway, after seeing Jade's signature Summer look, I decided to do one my own but for Spring!  I love the rose cream shadow by Au Naturale and RMS Beauty lip2cheek Modest. Those are here to stay in my make-up bag. And uhm, I did eyebrow threading for the first time. Can you tell I rarely do my brow because you can see the tan line?



I have to confess, I am wearing no foundation, only SPF but I cheated with the concealer. I use my NARS creamy concealer here because it's super creamy with decent coverage and not overly dewy, does not cling to flaky skin, and it's the only concealer so far that has not caused any color-matching or skin concern for me. Saying that though, I use my RMS Un-Cover Up in 44 for my dark circles. It hides my dark circles in a real way. What I mean by real.. you can still barely see them. I feel weird without them, although tired eyes is totally not right my alley and hence.

1. Au Naturale Rose cream eyeshadow, 2. With Kjaer Weis Magnetic blended in, 3. Apply Kjaer Weis Cloud Nine underneath the eye using a liner brush + Au Naturale Ivory cream shadow to the corner of the eye

I'm having fun with make-up but as you can see, I'm still learning here. I am also not one to wear a rose-toned eyeshadow. Remember my review on the rose-scented Dr. Hauschka Spring palette? I ended up giving it away to my friend because it's more suitable on cool undertone. My undertone is warmer, but this rose shade by Au Naturale is love. On the picture, it looks like rose-gold, but that's only because my lids are already slightly dark with the mixture of natural lighting coming in, giving the illusion. I then took Kjaer Weis eyeshadow in Magnetic to the crease, blend blend blend, and also line my lid with it. Because I want to look like I am fresh and awake, I take Au Naturale cream eyeshadow in Ivory to the corner of the eyes, and apply Kjaer Weis eyeshadow in Cloud Nine underneath the eye as well. They all contain fine shimmers (not glitters!), so they are really pretty without ever trying too hard.

RMS Beauty lip shine in Moment - my favorite nude! 


And finally, this is the finished look. I dabbed lip2cheek in Modest on my cheeks with a stippling brush or finger if you wish. Then for the lips, I can go either way here.. nude lips or that fresh berry pink using Modest. But I tend to mix Moment and Modest together. It all depends on my mood, but this is my everyday spring look, I really like the earthy tone with just a hint of rosiness. And who else is gutted that RMS discontinued lip shine in Moment?! 

5 comments :

  1. Oh beautiful look! Natural beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your eyebrows! and this look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skin and eyes! Gorgeous! I wish I could wear eyeshadow as well as you can--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin looks lovely in the close ups. And the eyes are gorgeous!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete