9/20/2014

Yuli Pure Mask

I have a slight obsession with treatment products but you already know that. My pores often gunky and congested and all I want is a reliable hand to count on (not my hands, promise!). Pure is another powder mask that is activated the moment you mix it with water and then glide that soft velvety paste onto your skin, leave on for 10-15 minutes to inject nutrients and antioxidants, purify and refine the skin, exfoliate and stimulate the skin with its botanical beauties. Question is, is it as good as it says?



This brand is a true-cult following but for the right reasons. I cannot help but tried a few products from them to see if their products react as well on my skin. I have finished my Panacea Elixir and I have a bottle of Cell Perfecto PM that I still yet need to fit it into my beauty routine. I will be giving my thoughts on that later but Pure is definitely my hero Yuli product. This is somewhat a powerful purifying mask, not too intense to the point that it reddens my face, but it also manages to be so calming in the skin. Anyone who has tried this mask, do you notice that too?

When I said I needed something reliable, I really meant it for Yuli's Pure mask. A bi-weekly masking is ever so beneficial for my skin type to help the process of purification for the impurities trapped beneath the skin. Everytime after I use Yuli Pure, it's either the painful papules without the whiteheads, have whiteheads the next day and then quickly disappear, or really 'take out' my already-existing whiteheads. As someone with congested, normal-dry, can be reactive skin, I feel that Yuli is definitely suitable for that reason.


It comes in a powder so you can adjust consistency to your liking. For me, I simply mix it with water and it transforms into a soft velvety paste that is easy to glide on the skin. You definitely can use your fingers if you like, but for the purpose of taking my beauty treatment to the next level, I feel better with using a pretty bowl and brush :)

My first experience with the Yuli mask, weirdly enough, made my skin broke out really bad and my skin did not feel good after. I follow the direction of using 1 tsp and then tried mixing it with either water, honey and yoghurt, but to no avail. I thought this was not for me. I did not give up, I started reducing my portion that is to just use 1/2 a tsp of the mask and not let it dry. As you may know, most clay masks are really tightening and it feels like it's sucking out all your impurities, but sadly, moisture too which in turn, causes irritation. So from my learning experience, I spritz my skin constantly with a thermal water to keep it moist on the skin and that's when I understand what this mask is all about.

When I do it this way, this mask is as effective as it claims and it also feels soothing to the skin. I like the texture and the fresh-soil smell it has (is it just me?!). Although I do not notice an instant glow or smooth texture on my skin after I take this mask off, the result is seen when I wake up in the morning. My pores feel so cleaaaan and brand-new!! 


I am gushing already, so what's in it?

Ingredients: rhassoul clay^^, mung bean powder*, australian beige clay^^, powdered rose petals*, french green clay^^, rice powder*, zeolite^^, frankincense^^, white willow bark powder*, neem leaf powder*, biodynamic fruit enzymes, cucumber extract*, milk powder*, msm, biophotonically charged matcha*, chlorella, roobios extract*, goji berry, magnesium.
*Certified Organic, ^^Wild Crafted

The key actives according to Yuli website consists of a number of detoxifying clays such as Rhassoul, Australian Beige, French Green Clay and Zeolite. These, will scare away those gunk and impurities out of your pores. With the combination of fruit enzymes, this will also gently exfoliate dead skin ensuring that after your mask treatment, you will be left with healthy looking skin. Want a punch of anti-oxidants and fine nutrients? Say hello to Mung Bean, Rose Petals, Cucumbers and White Willow which neutralizes skin damage, regenerates skin and is super balancing! Now, I am not going to pretend that I know what a bio-photonically charged matcha is but their matcha has been basically amped up to increase its concentration of amino acids and super antioxidant already contained in the matcha itself. It is definitely worth-noting all of the ingredients contained, there is not one ingredient that is there without a powerful skin-benefit purpose.

You're probably asking, what about the masks that I give rave-reviews in the past? Although there are masks that I have mentioned in the past to be effective at pulling out impurities such as The Little Alchemist (whiteheads be gone), The Problem Solver (goodbye blackheads too and hello smooth silky skin), Absolution Purifying Mask (creamy, easy and effective), I find this one to still fit into my beauty arsenal along with them. Pure is a mask that truly purifies my skin and I love gliding its soft texture on my skin. Best of all, I can always count on the results to show up the next day. I do not get that from the other masks. It is just so consistent! I do notice with a constant daily use of 2x a week (when needed), my pores feel so much cleaner and I reduce my need of physically exfoliating every so often. So now that the jar is half-empty, will I repurchase it in the future? Heck yes!


Available from I Am Natural Store or Spirit Beauty Lounge.

16 comments :

  1. Nice post miss. I'm glad it worked out well at the end! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to experience its amazing benefits my own! Thank you Audrey! x

      Delete
  2. Wonderful review, it sounds like it would fit into my skincare routine perfectly too. I have clogged pores and blackheads so I have to do a mask two or three times a week to keep it under control. Definitely on my wishlist :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so similar, that's the reason why I do masking bi-weekly as well. Plus, another reason to relax :) I really hope you get to try this mask in the future, Amber! This one is no non-sense, simply a hard-working hand.

      Delete
  3. hummm sounds perfect for my skin type :) Great review! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Hope you get to try it soon x

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a really good purifier. I haven't found many clay based masks that I can see visible results so I'm always on the hunt for a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meeta, there are masks in the past that I have used which produce different results, but they are not always consistent. I can vouch that this mask always does it for me. Hope you get to try it in the future!

      Delete
  5. Yes!!! I love this mask so much! I agree with you--it's a reliable one for nasty breakouts and I haven't had a bad reaction to it (probably tend to use ~1/2 tsp)--glad to hear you were able to make it work for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so very glad as well to have discover and able to use this mask! There are masks that just simply don't produce results on me, or just irritate my skin at the end. So I'm glad this one works out. So happy that you love it as much too!

      Delete
  6. Pure is one of my favorites from them and its the mask I use most often. Its my savior whenever my skin is being finnicky and breaking out faster than Iggy Azaleah's infectious tune, Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of all my masks, I reach for this one the most often as well now, simply fantastic. Haha, I'm glad that you have found a solution to a finicky skin and the song fancy! :)

      Delete
  7. Pure is one of my favourite clay masks which I alternate with the Problem Solver, depending on how my skin feels. I find Pure more gentle and effective. The Problem Solver is more heavy duty and good for clearing congested skin, but then I need to deal with the slight skin irritation that it can sometimes cause.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete